Hello, I'm Ma'idah "Nasrin" Lashani, community manager here at The Escapist.
As we've listened to your feedback during our ongoing redesign, something that we've heard often is that you enjoyed using our Groups page and wish that it were more prominent.
Today we're unveiling our new Community page, which is everything you loved about the groups page and more. It's a place you can come to relax and hang out with your fellow Escapists, and see what others are up to around the site. You'll find it conveniently located next to the forum and store buttons in the top right corner of your screen.
Here's a breakdown of some its new and improved features:
1. At the top of the page, you'll find a User Groups panel that can be sorted into what's new, what's popular, what's yours and all the rest. Use it to explore what's going on in the Escapist Groups scene.
2. Next to the groups panel you'll find our Community Spotlight. Here we'll be calling out the excellence of community members, groups, reviews, threads and more. If you'd like to nominate someone or something, please let me know.
3. Below the groups panel you'll find another for user reviews, with its own featured spotlight to the right. Here you'll be able to read what your fellow Escapists have to say about games, movies, and anything else that's covered in the User Review forum.
4. To the right of the User Review Panel, you'll find an #Escapist chat box. Jump in whenever you want to chat with your friends in real time.
5. Below that, you'll be able to check up on who's online around the world, who's having a birthday, and what your friends are playing.
6. For all you badge hunters out there, we've included a latest badges panel that will feature up to date information about the most recent badges that have been released.
7. To the right of that we've included the much loved Forum Box, which features popular and recent forum posts.
8. In the bottom right you'll find our "in case you missed it" corner. With so many videos, articles, features and quizzes appearing on the site, we know that it can be hard to see everything, so check in here for highlights of what went on during the past week.
We hope that you enjoy hanging out on the Community Page as much as we've enjoyed making it.
As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Please let us know what you think.
Thanks! See you on the forums.