Bethesda's Dishonored hits #4 in the October rankings, with 460,200 units sold.
The US retail figures for October 2012 are out, and in a year-on-year comparison with last October, game sales fell by 25%, dropping from $1 billion to $775 million. Hardware took the biggest hit, suffering a 37% decline in year-on-year sales.
Some signs of momentum in the hardware market, including higher sales for the Xbox 360, were attributed to the Christmas build-up. Neither Sony nor Nintendo were willing to disclose US hardware sales.
In a welcome bit of news for Bethesda, its new IP Dishonored sold 470,200 units in October, with Christmas yet to come. Meanwhile Capcom's statement that Resident Evil 6 Western sales are "successful to some degree" have been justified, as its zombie horror game shot to the #2 spot.
The complete October rankings are as follows:
1. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC)
2. Resident Evil 6 (360, PS3)
3. Pokemon Black Version 2 (NDS)
4. Dishonored (360, PS3, PC)
5. Pokemon White Version 2 (NDS)
6. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)
7. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, PSP)
8. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (360, PS3, PC)
9. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)
10. Skylander Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS)
Source: Game Informer