The game will feature Sam from Sam and Max, Brock Samson from The Venture Brothers, Claptrap from Borderlands, Ash Williams from Evil Dead and Glados from Portal.
Remember Poker Night at the Inventory? It was a terrible poker simulator that served only as a platform for some exclusive Team Fortress 2 items, wrapped up with some mildly amusing one-liners from various video game and pop culture mascots. Well, Telltale has announced the sequel no-one really asked for, this time featuring Sam and Max's Sam, The Venture Brothers' Brock Samson, Borderlands' Claptrap and Ash Williams from the Evil Dead franchise, with Portal's Glados playing the role of dealer.
Of course, the game comes with a whole new set of Team Fortress 2 unlocks, as well as some for Borderlands 2. They are:
- Brock Samson's hair for Borderlands 2's Gunzerker
- Portal Skin for Borderlands 2's Assassin
- Poker Visor for Borderlands 2's Siren
- Max Mask for Borderlands 2's Mechromancer
- Evil Ash Head for Borderlands 2's Commando
- The Necrinomicrown for Team Fortress 2's Pyro
- The Long Fall Loafers (Chell's boots) for Team Fortress 2's Scout
- The Bloodhound (Sam's hat) for Team Fortress 2's Sniper
- The Dapper Disguise (Handsome Jack's mask) for Team Fortress 2's Spy
- The Samson Skewer (Brock Samson's knife) for Team Fortress 2's Heavy
Poker Night 2 comes out in April on Steam, PSN and XBLA. As well as the in-game unlocks, you will also be able to unlock items for your Xbox LIVE avatar and exclusive PlayStation 3 themes. The age-ratings warnings reveal that it will feature "use of tobacco" as well as violence, gambling, swears and double-entendres.
The last game was pretty awful, with most people just buying it for the unlocks. Hopefully Telltale will actually make a decent poker simulator this time to put behind the character's witty banter. The choice of Claptrap is somewhat of an oddity, given that intense hatred of the character after the first Borderlands relegated him to a much smaller role in the sequel.
Source: Rock, paper shotgun