News

Dotcom Claims Email Proof Of NZ PM/Warner Bros. Conspiracy

| 15 Sep 2014 09:10
Kim Dotcom

If Dotcom's email is verified to be genuine, then it implicates New Zealand Prime Minster in a conspiracy with Warner Bros.

If you've been following the story behind Kim Dotcom's arrest and attempted extradition to the US, you'll know that he has claimed conspiracy from the very beginning. Doctom insists that New Zealand Prime Minister John Key actually made a deal with media conglomerate Warner Bros. to grant Dotcom New Zeland residency so that he could be extradited, and now, he says he has email proof of it. The alleged email reads as follows:

"We had a really good meeting with the Prime Minister. He's a fan and we're getting what we came for. Your groundwork in New Zealand is paying off. I see strong support for our anti-piracy effort.

"John Key told me in private that they are granting Dotcom residency despite pushback from officials about his criminal past. His AG will do everything in his power to assist us with our case. VIP treatment and then a one-way ticket to Virginia.

"This is a game changer. The DOJ is against the Hong Kong option. No confidence in the Chinese. Great job."

Dotcom says that the email is dated October 27, 2010 and is purported to be from Warner Brothers chairman and chief executive Kevin Tsujihara to a senior executive at the Motion Picture Association of America - the lobby group for the Hollywood studios.

If the email is verified to be genuine, it directly contradicts Key's claims that he had no idea who Dotcom was before his arrest, and actually implicates the Prime Minister in a conspiracy to entrap the Internet mogul.

If you're wondering what Key would have gotten out of this "deal", The date of the alleged email places it right in the midst of negotiations over The Hobbit, which Key would have no doubt wanted to be filmed in his country.

Warner Bros. has already come out with an official statement that the email is a fabrication by Dotcom, claiming "Kevin Tsujihara did not write or send the alleged email, and he never had any such conversation with Prime Minister Key."

Dotcom decided to fight the government on even grounds by launching his Internet Party earlier this year, though he is still trying to get back his seized assets.

Source: New Zealand Herald

RELATED CONTENT
Comments on