If you're interested, you can help get Broken Banners greenlit on Steam.
If you're looking for an old-school adventure RPG that's something like Baldur's Gate crossed with King's Quest, then our sister site Addicting Games' Broken Banners may be for you. It's a small, episodic adventure calling back to the grand fantasy tales of Raymond E. Feist, George R.R. Martin and Michael Moorcock. Combining gameplay elements of visual novels, choose-your-own-adventure games and both western and eastern RPGs, Broken Banners aims at providing you with a few hours of solid, unpadded fantasy entertainment.
If this has tickled your fancy, you can go ahead and approve the game on Steam Greenlight. If you want some more inspiration, here's a list of feature's from the game's Steam page:
- Explore a rich world laden with history, in which the sins of the past come back to haunt the present, and men and women of ambition clash for power. Travel across handcrafted maps and read through robust illustrated narrative sections and dialogue.
- Delve into a low-magic fantasy setting, in which spells and mysticism are not an everyday occurrence. Remember: all you can truly depend on is your steel and wit.
- Create your own protagonist, beyond simply choosing the portrait and starting attributes: every situation in the game allows you to better define your character, how he or she feels, thinks and acts in situations both earthly and bizarre.
- Control a party of four, each one a unique and memorable character, each one with their own story to tell and goals to follow.
- Meet your foes in turn-based combat, utilizing tactics, special talents and crafted items to defeat foes more powerful than yourself.
- Immerse yourself in an interactive story in which your choices are carried between episodes and build towards a personalized grand finale.
Broken Banners certainly looks like it's filling an interesting niche, and it's always great to support the "little guys" thinking up interesting ideas with Greenlight.