The first update for the PC version of Dishonored 2 is now available in beta form, but you have to opt in to get it.
That patch is now available on Steam, albeit in a beta form. Bethesda recommends installing the newest Nvidia drivers (the newly released 375.95, found here). AMD users should continue using the 16.10.2 drivers, and Bethesda says that there will be information on CrossFire support coming from AMD "in the near future."
The update contains only three fixes, each of them relating to game performance.
- Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
- Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
- Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority
Since it's beta, you'll have to opt-in to receive it. All you need to do is this:
- Open Steam, and find Dishonored 2 in your Library
- Right Click on the game, and select Properties
- On the Betas tab, click the drop-down and select "BetaPatch," then click "OK"
Once that's done, your game should update with the new patch automatically.
In the post announcing this patch, Bethesda says that it is not done working on Dishonored 2's performance. "Our work on Dishonored 2 continues. Update 1.2 development is underway and will address a broader range of issues including performance and is estimated to be available in the next week."
If you've installed the new patch, head over to the forums and let us know how it is affecting your performance.