A recent NPD Group report shows that many owners of the latest generation of consoles are blissfully unaware of their highly touted features.
Some highlights from the findings:
- Only 40 percent of PS3 owners knew about its Blu-ray player.
- Half of those who were aware of Blu-ray did not use it.
- About half of those polled knew the Xbox 360 plays DVDs.
- 30 percent of 360 owners knew the console was HD capable.
- 50 percent of PS3 owners knew the console was HD capable.
6,260 people were polled and owned at least one next-gen console.