WalkthroughsDelve into Every Bloodborne Dungeon With These Chalice LocationsWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
To brave the final challenges of Bloodborne you'll need chalices. See where to find these rare items with our guide.
An all new addition to the spiritual Souls series sequel, the Chalice Dungeons add randomness to the brutal gameplay. More specifically, Root Chalices create completely random dungeons, and by adding special materials to the ritual, even more factors can be altered to make the experience ever harder.
Normal chalices, though? Those are always the same, and always include certain special bosses Hunters can't fight anywhere else. Experience all Bloodborne has to offer, check out how to get chalices with these tips and locations.
Continue the endless hunt with extra Escapist walkthroughs. See how to fight an optional final boss on the Bloodborne: Third Ending Unlock Guide, or fill your merchant's coffers with the Bloodborne: Badges Locations Guide.
Chalice Locations Guide
Chalices are key items required to complete rituals at Hunter's Dream gravestones. There are four different types of Chalice Dungeons the Hunter can unlock.
Pthumeru Chalice: Reward for defeating the Blood-Starved Beast in Old Yharnam.
- To reach Old Yharnam, travel to the closed door in the Cathedral Ward. There is a note on the large doors.
- Upon entering the area, Djura will speak up and warn the Hunter. Continue into Old Yharnam and he'll open fire with a gatling gun in a tower.
- Djura is a tough opponent. After reaching his tower, he won't be able to shoot and can be safely skipped to deal with later. Continue deeper into Old Yharnam and enter the massive burnt church in the lowest section to find the Blood-Starved Beast.
Central Pthumeru Chalice: Reward for defeating the Watchdog of the Old Lords in Layer 3 off the Pthumeru Chalice.
Lower Pthumeru Chalice: Reward for defeating the Layer 3 boss of Central Pthumeru.
Defiled Chalice: Reward for defeating the Layer 4 boss of Lower Pthumeru.
Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice: Reward for defeating the Layer 3 boss of the Defile Chalice dungeon.
Hintertomb Chalice: Found in the optional side-area chests in Layer 2 of Central Pthumeru Chalice.
Hintertomb Root Chalice: Rewarded for defeating the Layer 2 Hintertomb Chalice boss.
Lower Hintertomb Chalice: Rewarded for defeating the Layer 3 Hintertomb Chalice boss.
Sinister Hintertomb Chalice: Purchase from Messengers in Lower Hintertomb Layer 3.
Ailing Loran Chalice: Defeat Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier.
- To face off against Amygdala, the Hunter needs to reach the end of the Nightmare Frontier. To get to the Nightmare, the player must acquire a Tonsil Stone.
- To gain a Tonsil Stone, speak with the red lamp NPCs after nightfall in Yharnam. Once it's night in Yharnam, take the path to the right of the Grand Cathedral -- there are two hunters in this square.
- Speak with the NPCs here to acquire the Tonsil Stone. With this key item, continue into the chapel past the Axe-wielding enemies further down this path. A blue light will flow across the door.
- Step into the light, and a giant monster will grab the Hunter, killing them. With the Tonsil Stone, you won't lose Blood Echoes and will appear inside the Lecture Hall.
- Exit through the Lecture Hall's main doors at the end of the passage to appear inside the Nightmare Frontier.
Ailing Loran Root Chalice: Complete Ailing Loran Layer 2 or Layer 4 and defeat the boss.
Lower Loran Chalice: Complete the Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon -- the Abhorrent Beast is the final boss of this dungeon.
Sinister Lower Loran Root Chalice: Purchase from Messengers in Lower Loran Layer 3.
Great Isz Chalice: Defeat Ebrietas, Daughter of the Abyss in the Upper Cathedral Ward.
- To encounter this boss, reach Yahar'gul Chapel lamp. The Unseen Village is available after defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider.
- Travel up the stairs and dodge the laser, staying near the left railing. One section of the railing is missing.
- Drop through, then enter the interior and fall into the cell to grab the Upper Cathedral Ward key.
- The key opens the doors at the top of the Healing Church Workshop. Ebrietas is found at the end of this area -- smash the windows in the Celestial Emissary's chamber.
Sinister Isz Root Chalice: Purchase from Messengers in Great Isz Layer 3.
How to Get Arcane Haze - Workshop Haze Extractor
One of the hardest materials to collect in Chalice Dungeons is Arcane Haze. Instead of farming for it from kin enemies, it's possible to collect a unique workshop tool called the Haze Extractor.
The Haze Extractor allows players to destroy Chalice Materials to earn Arcane Haze.
Haze Extractor Location
- Reach Layer 2 of Lower Pthumeru Chalice. Check the optional side-room area and search chests to unlock this additional workshop tool.
Source: , 
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.