WalkthroughsPower Up the Estus Flask With These Scholar of the First Sin Bone Dust LocationsWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
The Estus Flask is your most faithful tool in Dark Souls 2, and if you want to increase its healing power, you're going to need rare Sublime Bone Dust. See where to find the remixed locations on our Scholar of the First Sin guide.
The First Sin update doesn't just add a new boss and alter enemy encounters, it moves around all those items veteran Undead know how to find. That can make a return trip even trickier. Don't get stumped by Drangleic's latest challenges, keep scrolling for text tips explaining how to get your hands on all five Sublime Bone Dust fragments.
Looking for more healing help? Check out the Scholar of the First Sin Estus Shards Guide to improve the flask even further. Then skim through the spoiler-heavy Dark Souls 2 Secret Ending Walkthrough to discover a hidden additional conclusion.
Sublime Bone Dust Locations Guide
Burning Sublime Bone Dust at the bonfire increases the healing power of your Estus Flask. The Estus Flask can be upgraded to a max of +5.
Sublime Bone Dust #1 - Heide's Tower of Flame / No Man's Wharf
- On the stone brick path to No Man's Wharf, take the stairs down and turn left in the lower corridor before reaching the elevator. There's a large guardian protecting an alcove with the treasure chest.
Sublime Bone Dust #2 - Shaded Woods
- Start at the "Undead Lockaway" bonfire and cross the bridge to the field guarded by quick bandits. There's a cliff ledge to the left where you can get a view of a hut. This structure's front door is locked, but you'll find a hole in the roof used to access the interior. Open the chest inside to grab the second Sublime Bone Dust item.
Sublime Bone Dust #3 - Huntsman's Copse
- Warping to the "Shaded Ruins" bonfire, turn left and step out the open window with a view of a petrified figure in the distance. Enter the structure to the left below, and clear out the enemy guarding a closed chest containing another dust piece.
Sublime Bone Dust #4 - Majula / The Gutter
- Before reaching the Gutter proper, you'll need to drop down the massive hole in the center of Majula. Eventually you'll reach a wooden bridge over a circular chamber filled with explosive hollows. Drop down, and head down the path that leads to a dead end -- it's opposite the way to the Gutter. Defeat the knight and claim your reward in the chest.
Sublime Bone Dust #5 - Drangleic Castle
- In the Drangleic Castle entrance hall with the curved stairs, enter a passage in the back left corner (first floor) that leads to a hallway with a closed door on the left. Open it to discover a treasure chest containing the final Bone Dust item.
Sources: , 
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.