WalkthroughsBring the Vileblood Queen Back to Life in Bloodborne, Here's HowWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
Return the forsaken Queen of the Vilebloods to life and join her secretive covenant with another mysterious Bloodborne function.
Bloodborne adventurers know that sometimes actions have unintended consequences. Make one small decision, and it suddenly seems you're locked out of the most involved covenant this side of Yharnam.
Luckily that isn't the case. If you've managed to reach Annalise, Queen of the Vileblood's chamber and accidentally killed her, it's possible to bring her back. If you have no idea what we're talking about, just keep scrolling for a complete explanation.
Get even more useful gear with our Bloodborne: Trick Weapons Locations Guide to arm yourself with powerful transforming tools, or fend off deadly monsters using the tips on the Bloodborne: Firearms Locations Guide to improve your ranged arsenal.
Queen of the Vilebloods Info Guide
Joining the Vileblood Covenant can be complicated. Bringing mysterious items to the wrong NPC seemingly blocks off the covenant, but there are ways to revive those that can't be killed.
Where to Find Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods
Before we can revive the Vileblood Queen, you're going to need to find her. This secret NPC is located in the optional Cainhurst Castle area.
- To get inside Cainhurst Castle, you must reach the Forbidden Woods. This area becomes available after defeating Vicar Amelia in the Grand Cathedral at the top of the steps in the Cathedral Ward. Inspect the altar to get a passphrase that opens the doors to the Forbidden Woods.
- Explore the woods until you find a town guarded by angry villagers. Nearby there are passages leading into an underground cavern filled with poison water. Avoid the pale giants and find a path leading to a huge ladder.
- The ladder takes the hunter up to Central Yharnam. Follow the back path to the rooftops and enter the Iosefka's Clinic. Turn right from the entrance to unlock the door leading into the very first room of Bloodborne.
- Instead of an empty chamber, you'll find a strange blue creature and a new item -- the Cainhurst Summons. With these Summons, travel to the Hemwick Charnel Lane. There's a courtyard down the hill from the Witch of Hemwick's lair.
- If you've defeated the Witch a horse and buggy will be waiting in the courtyard. Interact with the open door to ride off to Cainhurst.
At the very end of the castle, you'll encounter an imposing boss. Defeat him to collect a special crown. Equip the crown while on the rooftop arena to reveal Annalise's throne room.
How to Kill Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods
Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods isn't loved by many. Bow and speak to her to join the Vilebloods Covenant, allowing you to hunt down and harvest the blood from other hunters.
A specific faction called the Executioners don't approve of her at all. Alfred, their main representative in Yharnam, wants her dead but he can't enter Cainhurst without a Summons.
- Inside Annalise's chamber, look for a table to the right of her throne. Take the Unopened Summons and return to Alfred. Normally he's found in the dead-end past the second-floor balcony of the tomb on the lower rung of the Cathedral Ward. He can also be found on the landing up the stairs from the Forbidden Woods entrance.
- Give him the Unopened Summons and he'll quickly leave for Cainhurst. Teleport back to the throne room and you'll find a bloody mess where Annalise once was, with Alfred rambling madly to himself, still covered in gore.
- This is how to complete the Executioner's questline, with the final event back at Alfred's first meeting place in the lower Cathedral Ward.
It's also possible to simply attack and kill Annalise in her throne room yourself.
How to Revive Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods
To any normal observer, it seems like the Vileblood Covenant is now blocked off. Actually, it's possible to revive Annalise as if nothing at all happened.
- On her bloody throne, or off her dead body, you'll find a unique key item -- Queenly Flesh. Collect the pink lump of living gore and set off for the Upper Cathedral Ward.
- The Upper Cathedral Ward is another locked-off optional area. To get the key, you'll need to defeat Rom, the Vacuous Spider in Byrgenwerth and reach the Yahar'gul Chapel lamp during the nightmare phase of the Unseen Village.
- From the Yahar'gul Chapel lamp, backtrack up the stairs and stick to the left railing. Dodge the Amygdala's laser and you should find a section of railing that's broken. Drop through the opening and reach an interior guarded by a bell witch.
- In the center of the dark room is a hole leading into a locked cell. Take the item off the sitting corpse. That's the Upper Cathedral Ward key.
- Return to the Cathedral Ward lamp and take the elevator up to the Healing Church Workshop. Climb the tower up to the locked double doors at the top and you'll finally be able to open the doors to the Orphanage.
- Follow the path through the Orphanage and into the upper floors of the Great Cathedral. Defeat the Celestial Emissary and smash the large windows to enter the Great Cathedral.
- At the back of the cathedral, above the altar, you'll find a strange lift that takes you down to a foreboding place called the Altar of Despair.
- This is where you need to be to revive Annalise. The Altar of Despair is guarded by a terrifying creature called Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.
- Defeat the Great One to gain access to the altar itself. The altar is occupied by what looks like the body of Rom, the Vacuous Spider. Interact, and you'll be able to use the Queenly Flesh on the altar to revive Annalise.
She is the Undying Queen of the Vilebloods for a reason. Now your Hunter can continue working for the Vileblood Covenant as usual.
Sources: , 
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.