WalkthroughsEarn Infinite Cash With This Fallout 4 Vendor ExploitWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
Use glitches to your advantage with this vendor exploit uncovered in Fallout 4 that lets anybody earn a hefty supply of easy cash. Learn how to game the system with the step-by-step instructions below.
Bethesda games aren't known for their bug-free releases, and this strange quirk of the vendor system most likely won't last long. If you're eager to cheat on consoles or PC, we suggest getting your fun in early. Or if you're really worried about patches, just play the game without updating.
For the PC crowd, learn how to use those awesome Fallout 4 Console Commands to activate God Mode, clip through the world, or teleport to the secret developer room with every piece of armor and weapon, all in one place and ready to pillage.
Infinite Bottlecaps - Easy Cash Exploit
While this exploit can get you an infinite supply of cash, it can also give free weapons, armor, stimpaks, ammo or whatever else you want.
This exploit only works with vendors, and can be used on PC or console versions of Fallout 4. Needless to say, this is totally cheating, so it may get patched out in a future update.
To use the exploit, follow these simple instructions:
- 1. Find a vendor, then buy all (the full stack) of a single ammo type. Examples: 5mm Round, .308 Round, .45 Round, etc.
- 2. Sell one (1) of the same bullet type you purchased back to the vendor.
- 3. Sell all (the full stack) of the same bullet type you purchased back to the vendor.
- 4. One bullet of the same bullet type will glitch and remain in your inventory. You can sell it an infinite number of times.
- 5. Now buyback the Vendor's rounds. Do it as often as you want to build up a huge negative cap count. Afterward, you can take any item from their inventory. You'll only get as many caps as the vendor has on them.
- 6. When you're done, accept the trade and exit the vendor menu. Sleep for twenty-four  hours and the vendor's cap bank will reset. Rinse and repeat as needed.
This glitch is going to get patched out, there's a very high probability it will be soon. If you want to continue using this glitch after a patch, delete your installation, reinstall and choose not to update.
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.