WalkthroughsNow You Can Re-Download PT With This Totally Unofficial FixWalkthroughs - RSS 2.0
For a hot minute, P.T. was a bonafide video game sensation. The bizarre, and totally free, teaser for the now defunct Silent Hills captured our imagination until it was unceremoniously removed from PSN.
For those that deleted their copy of P.T. or swapped HDs, there is now a way to re-download P.T. to your Playstation 4. Just to be totally clear, the instructions detailed below will only work if you've already downloaded P.T. on your account once before.
Kojima and Konami are no more, but the legendary designer's legacy lives on in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain with an unlockable soldier that bears an uncanny resemblance to the man himself.
How to Re-Download PT
Before Going Forward: This is a completely unofficial method, and requires external programs downloaded from an off-site forum.
- 1. (On PC) Install the generic proxy SUWI: Download here. Check all boxes when installing.
- 2. (On PC) Get this proxy IP checker: Download here. Look on the line that reads "IPv4 Address..." and take note of the address.
- 3. (On PS4) Open 'Network Settings' -> choose 'Custom' settings -> select 'Auto' -> on 'Proxy' select 'Use' and input your proxy IP address from Step 2.
- 4. (On PS4) Set 'Port Number' to 808. Change it from 8080. Finish and close 'Network' settings
- 5. (On PS4) Check 'Download Notifications' -- if you see a P.T. entry that is not downloaded, delete the file.
- 6. (On PS4) Check 'Library' and scroll down to P.T. Select the game and choose to download. The download will begin.
And that's all you need to do! Remember, this program will only work if you've downloaded P.T. once before. Only accounts that were authorized to download P.T. before it was taken offline will work. That means this won't work for new accounts.
If you're kicked yourself after an HD switch or a premature deletion, this is your chance to get PT back before Konami figures out a way to stop this too.
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist. Find him on Twitter here.