Much like with New Tales from the Borderlands, Amazon already leaked most of the information that matters about Dead Island 2, such as its February release date. Nonetheless, at Gamescom Opening Night Live (ONL) 2022, publisher Deep Silver and developer Dambuster Studios officially unveiled the cinematic announcement trailer and gameplay trailer for Dead Island 2, and it all looks a lot better in action than it did on paper. Check out all the gameplay features and the back-to-back trailer action for Dead Island 2 below:
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, stained with horror, in an exciting journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral, and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning, or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogue. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? HELL-A is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2, coming in dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks, and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling story packed with dark comedy to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in HELL-A for a very long and gory trip.
Dead Island 2 has a release date of February 3, 2023 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Google Stadia, and PC via the Epic Games Store. Preorders are live.
For more Gamescom announcements, check out dark fantasy sequel The Lords of the Fallen, open-world survival MMO Dune: Awakening, digital miniatures game Moonbreaker from the Subnautica developer, the release date and preorder details of of Sonic Frontiers, and the reveal trailer for New Tales from the Borderlands.