Potion Craft Nintendo Switch PS4 PS5 PlayStation 4 5 announcement trailer spring 2023 release date alchemy simulator Niceplay Games tinyBuild

Potion Craft, the Popular Alchemy Simulator, Will Come to Switch, PS4, PS5

Publisher tinyBuild and developer Niceplay Games have announced that alchemy simulator Potion Craft will come to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 in spring 2023. The game received its 1.0 launch on PC and Xbox just last week, but with thousands of positive Steam reviews already from when it was available in early access, the game has quite a following.

Recommended Videos

Potion Craft puts you in control of an alchemy shop where you invent the recipes and physically perform the crafting actions with various tools. The game encourages experimentation to solve tasks creatively, and it challenges you to attract customers to your shop. You can grow your own ingredients or buy useful ones from traveling merchants. Meanwhile, the art style has an old-timey charm, and you can actually customize the appearance and name of the potions you create. Judging from early reactions, the game is more than the sum of its parts, with a satisfying core gameplay loop.

Potion Craft appeared at Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event Day 3 on Nintendo YouTube today to announce the Switch port. It appeared alongside music-based puzzle adventure Sonority (available now), puzzle adventure Tin Hearts from former Fable developers (available April 20, 2023), and sailing adventure Sail Forth (available now). Yesterday, House of Indies revealed Risk of Rain Returns.

If you like free stuff, Potion Craft is giving away five Nintendo Switch consoles and other random stuff as part of a holiday giveaway (no PS4 or PS5 giveaways though). That’s certainly one way to keep the game on people’s minds.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.