Red Dead Redemption 1 has gotten a Korean rating, indicating a remaster for modern consoles & PC may be in the works at Rockstar Games.

Red Dead Redemption 1 Gets Korean Rating, May Hint at Remaster

Red Dead Redemption originally launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 back in 2010, and it was the usual Rockstar Games big-budget extravaganza with high review scores to match. Grand Theft Auto with Horses would be an extremely bad way to describe the game, but I’m already halfway through this sentence so I’m going with that. The game has been stuck on its original platforms since launch, but that may be changing soon. Per Gematsu, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated Red Dead Redemption 1 for what seems like at least a new console release, if not both a console and PC release, hinting that a remaster may be planned.

Recommended Videos

Rockstar Games has made no official announcements, but a remaster of Red Dead Redemption 1 for modern consoles and PC would make good financial sense and alleviate some of the wait for Grand Theft Auto VI. Indeed, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition has reportedly sold more than 20 million copies since its launch in November 2021. That was a revamped and remastered collection of Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas that launched with an alarming amount of technical issues but was ultimately patched into something fairly solid.

All three of those original games are older than Red Dead Redemption 1, and this game would, at least in theory, require less effort to modernize and pretty up. So, don’t bet your house on a Red Dead Redemption 1 remaster happening, but it does seem likely. Although, what would be a real surprise is if 2004’s Red Dead Revolver ever makes a comeback.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Demand Cosmetic Refunds Following Avatar Update
pokemon go avatar refund
Read Article Matthew Mercer Pulls Off a Shocking Critical Role First
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Demand Cosmetic Refunds Following Avatar Update
pokemon go avatar refund
Read Article Matthew Mercer Pulls Off a Shocking Critical Role First
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.