Where Winds Meet video game Everstone Games NetEase medieval China action adventure game epic

Where Winds Meet Combines Ghost of Tsushima & Assassin’s Creed in Medieval China

At Gamescom Opening Night Live (ONL) 2022, developer Everstone Games shared a breathtaking announcement trailer for open-world action adventure role-playing game Where Winds Meet. Per IGN, the game is headed to PC and set during the Ten Kingdoms period of medieval China, at the end of the Southern Tang Dynasty. You will be able to pick a side in the war, but you will also apparently be able to pursue professions like doctor, merchant, or just aimless wanderer. There will be plenty of fighting though, with the ability to mix and match sword fighting, Wuxia-style martial arts, Tai chi, and magic.

Recommended Videos

Both in its action and gameplay, Where Winds Meet seems to draw parallels with the likes of Assassin’s Creed and Ghost of Tsushima. There are beautiful sweeping environments of all kinds to explore, along with horseback riding, climbing, wall-running, and what looks like a potentially colossal boss battle. You can check out the Where Winds Meet game trailer below from Everstone.

For more Gamescom announcements, check out dark fantasy sequel The Lords of the Fallen, open-world survival MMO Dune: Awakening, digital miniatures game Moonbreaker from the Subnautica developer, the release date and preorder details of of Sonic Frontiers, the reveal trailer for New Tales from the Borderlands, the reveal trailer for Dead Island 2, and (for some reason) Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.