Trailers: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Spec Ops Survival Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Spec Ops Survival Trailer

Grab a friend and shoot your way through Modern Warfare 3's Spec Ops Survival Mode.

Watch Video

sweet! g36 is back!

Huh, wasn't all that interested in MW3 but with my roommate this might be fun.

Argh! Juggernauts and riot shields that deflect BULLETS!

I can't believe I was excited for this. Jesus christ, guys.
Why?

that looks sick like all the fun of horde mode but with cod's weapons

Looks way too much like MW2.

It's 2009 all over again! $60, worth every penny [/sarc]

PS: this COD is most deserving of the title "Full price expansion pack"

So Zombie mode only with guys guns gunships and all the modern war bells and whistles ok I'll bite that sounds pretty fun especially calling in delta force teams to help you I think I'll give this a rent when it comes out and see how much I enjoy it then.

So they're changing Spec-Ops to a horde mode with killstreaks?

I liked the Spec-ops Set-piece style in MW2. Playing the stealth missions with my brother was an absolute blast. Meh, I'll borrow it from a friend, play it for a weekend and forget about it.

Packie_J:
So they're changing Spec-Ops to a horde mode with killstreaks?

I liked the Spec-ops Set-piece style in MW2. Playing the stealth missions with my brother was an absolute blast. Meh, I'll borrow it from a friend, play it for a weekend and forget about it.

i'm pretty sure that's still in there, this is like an additional mode

Looks great. MW3 looks like a mix between Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Seems like they took the best from each game and perfected it.

Just a guess.

LMAO SO they can get you air support and send down squads but they can't take you out. Makes perfect sense.

WANT. WANT NOW. I can't believe we have to wait until November to get our mits on this.

Russirishican:
LMAO SO they can get you air support and send down squads but they can't take you out. Makes perfect sense.

"Wait I thought you said you couldn't evac us!?!" "Oh yeah you see the thing about that is-RUN!" (flies away)

At first I didn't care but then I saw the option to call in reinforcements and thought: "Goddamnit COD! You've done that one thing again that perks my interest in all of your games-you did it with Russia invading the US in MW2 and now you've done it with spec ops backing you up in Survival!" (Forks over money while grumbling)

Also I haven't seen exploding dogs since Ironstorm: World War Zero, good times....

deathbyoatmeal:
sweet! g36 is back!

and looking f***ing awesome!

Treblaine:

mw2 is still the best looking console fps so thats not really a bad thing

Team Hollywood:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Spec Ops Survival Trailer

Grab a friend and shoot your way through Modern Warfare 3's Spec Ops Survival Mode.

Watch Video

there are only 2 things that can make it better. Lighting & shurikens.

Juk3n:

Treblaine:

mw2 is still the best looking console fps so thats not really a bad thing

What do you mean "best looking"?

Do you mean most realistic graphics? Or do you mean best aesthetics.

I can't see it being good for aesthetics, I just can't. Not with games like these:

against:

Even then, my point is half the gun models look IDENTICAL, as if they just dropped them in with no change. It's not like the AK47 only looks one way, I know there are dozens of configurations and the AK47 there is the same with the same sights, same rails, same shading... most importantly it just LOOKS like MW2. Every bit of it.

Black Ops at least looked to be its own game, Infinity Ward (if you can even still call them that with more than half their key staff having left) seem to be re-using whole assets far more than with MW2 against COD4.

Basically I'm worried this game will just be MW2.5 rather than a true Modern Warfare 3.

Looks like what would happen if Michael Bay directed a video of Horde/Firefight mode using a camera held in the hands of someone with a nervous disposition and shaky hands.
I'm not all that excited.

Treblaine:

Basically I'm worried this game will just be MW2.5 rather than a true Modern Warfare 3.

you're hung up on graphics too, much, it might only be slightly improved but it's a sequel in the same generation from a standard already pushing the envelope on consoles so, it'll do.

Treblaine:

I don't think you understand just how much money it costs to provide multiplayer for the CoD community for 5 years.

Crap, now I kinda want this game. Is it worth $60 for this game just for the survival mode?
Yeah, still not convinced. Although if they sold this separately for $20 or so I'd definitely buy that.

Juk3n:

Treblaine:

you're hung up on graphics too, much, it might only be slightly improved but it's a sequel in the same generation from a standard already pushing the envelope on consoles so, it'll do.

Hey, YOU said it was the best looking console game! You started this!

My point about the importance of graphics is not pushing the technical envelope but the artistic potential. MW3 does not have the inspired art design that is expected. MW2 is not that amazing in terms of appearance to get away with some slight barely noticeable improvements.

The sound effects in the beginning made it sound a bit like Battlefield 3's...

JUGGERNAUT!

Oh, the number of times my friends and I shouted that while playing Spec Ops...good times, followed instantly by panic and usually death. Looking forward to this.

On a side note: "Team, ground forces can't get to you. It's just the two of you for now." Wait. So you're literally leaving my partner and I to fend for ourselves forever? Ouch. I feel unloved. :-)

godofallu:

Treblaine:

I don't think you understand just how much money it costs to provide multiplayer for the CoD community for 5 years.

I do understand. Do you?

I'll give you a clue how much it costs to run:

Zero Dollars.

The games are hosted on the user's consoles (customer pays for), using their internet connection to service provider (the customer pays for), and the users network (paid for by Sony/Microsoft, MS demand a Gold Membership fee) and the matchmaking is done using the computational power of the consoles themselves.

Activision just has to sit back and release a tiny $15 map pack every few months. And of course every year there is a new $60 game that is oh so remarkably similar to the previous one.

If you bought every game and every map pack since COD4 then it would cost you $390

And isn't Activision grateful for it.

MW3 will could boost that to $600 considering how they got away with 4 tiny map packs $15 each for Black Ops.

Treblaine:

Juk3n:

Treblaine:

My point about the importance of graphics is not pushing the technical envelope but the artistic potential. MW3 does not have the inspired art design that is expected. MW2 is not that amazing in terms of appearance to get away with some slight barely noticeable improvements.

While I doubt its the BEST looking game, I still can appreciate the artstyle for MW2. Compared to Black Ops, MW2 is just so much brighter and cleaner/crisper. Couple that with fast and smooth gunplay and sheer variety (if all you use are sniper rifles and grenade launchers I swear you are missing out, I am to this day constantly trying my hand with different weapons) and you have yourself a pretty good-looking game.

I for one believe MW3 is definitely worth a purchase. Revamped multiplayer with new equipment, rebalanced gameplay, and interesting locations? Spec-Ops missions for me and a friend to compete in, and attempt to beat the records of? Brand new survival mode with intense firefights against infinite waves? Plus a brand new campaign about the events of a possible World War 3 situation? Sign me up.

Sniper Team 4:
JUGGERNAUT!

Oh, the number of times my friends and I shouted that while playing Spec Ops...good times, followed instantly by panic and usually death. Looking forward to this.

On a side note: "Team, ground forces can't get to you. It's just the two of you for now." Wait. So you're literally leaving my partner and I to fend for ourselves forever? Ouch. I feel unloved. :-)

don't feel unloved! think about it! your SO BAD ASS they trust you to handle yourselves just fine LAMO!

Nice DLC trailer, so, what about Modern Warfare 3?

Treblaine:

godofallu:

Treblaine:

I do understand. Do you?

I'll give you a clue how much it costs to run:

Zero Dollars.

The games are hosted on the user's consoles (customer pays for), using their internet connection to service provider (the customer pays for), and the users network (paid for by Sony/Microsoft, MS demand a Gold Membership fee) and the matchmaking is done using the computational power of the consoles themselves.

Activision just has to sit back and release a tiny $15 map pack every few months. And of course every year there is a new $60 game that is oh so remarkably similar to the previous one.

If you bought every game and every map pack since COD4 then it would cost you $390

And isn't Activision grateful for it.

MW3 will could boost that to $600 considering how they got away with 4 tiny map packs $15 each for Black Ops.

On an unrelated note, I love Coke-zero.

OT: No matter what I do or see can't get me hyped up to get this. Knowing that almost all of my friends are going to play it, this peer pressure is going to be a bitch. (Now only if I can convince them to gift it to me)

Javarino:

Treblaine:

Juk3n:

While I doubt its the BEST looking game, I still can appreciate the artstyle for MW2. Compared to Black Ops, MW2 is just so much brighter and cleaner/crisper. Couple that with fast and smooth gunplay and sheer variety (if all you use are sniper rifles and grenade launchers I swear you are missing out, I am to this day constantly trying my hand with different weapons) and you have yourself a pretty good-looking game.

I for one believe MW3 is definitely worth a purchase. Revamped multiplayer with new equipment, rebalanced gameplay, and interesting locations? Spec-Ops missions for me and a friend to compete in, and attempt to beat the records of? Brand new survival mode with intense firefights against infinite waves? Plus a brand new campaign about the events of a possible World War 3 situation? Sign me up.

I understand what COD is going for sacrificing a fair amount of detail (and resolution) to get it playing at a steady 60 fps. Though that's important on console, pretty much all PC games aim for 60fps capability without resolution sacrifices. Actually, even considering the limitations, the developers of MW3 could be doing more to give MW3 a distinct look. I'm not talking crispness, I'm talking about making the guns, weapons and items distinct from shit we have already played and paid for.

Riot Shield and juggernaut, we already seen that. Exploding dogs seem to be just like normal dogs but with "martydom" dropping a grenade after they die you have AMPLE time to escape. They also look identical, nothing cool like a unique dog model strapped with fires and explosives and a big beeping timer. I was thinking of something like Black Ops's explosive RC car but on legs and leaping!

Survival mode may soak up a lot of time but there isn't as much to is as new only not it is not part of a mission.

Yes, the objective based missions of MW2's spec ops are gone, this new mode is just in the same maps used for multiplayer absorbing wave after wave of enemies, it is a lot more like an enhanced Black Ops Combat Training.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/28994/news/mw3-spec-ops-will-help-you-avoid-swearing-8-year-olds/

No more stealth or Room-clearing or other of those unique modes, just Hoard Mode but with COD.

Revamping a lot of stuff cannot be worth $60 plus another $30-$60 for all the map packs to get the entire experience and be 100% up to speed with the rest of the community.

I HATE the multiple map packs, it divides the community. Have one BIG map pack, not many small ones. Even if they aren't all ready, buy one map-pack for $20 and updates add new packs as they are finalised. Ideally, release new maps FOR FREE, like every other serious multilayer game does. If you want to monetise, monetise things like accelerated levelling-up or "rent" weapons that are above your rank.

Dividing a community is bad, especially with COD's matchmaking system you can either be denied connecting to hosts who cycle through new maps, or you get kicked when the base moves to a non-stock map.

The bottom line about MW3 is that you have already decided whether or not you will buy it on release day, or complain about how much it sucks on here. There isn't a lot of middle ground with the Call of Duty, Halo, or Final Fantasy franchises.

I thought I was watching a mod for MW2 for a bit. Until it said MW3 in bold green letters like it's so proud to be here. Seriously, it looks like an expaniosn pack. Actually, not even that. It looks like DLC... if that. I honestly thought it may have been a asthetic mod.

lax4life:

On an unrelated note, I love Coke-zero.

OT: No matter what I do or see can't get me hyped up to get this. Knowing that almost all of my friends are going to play it, this peer pressure is going to be a bitch. (Now only if I can convince them to gift it to me)

I don't know... this time. Activision may be pushing it too far.

For every iteration one could say "Yes, this is quite a significant improvement over the last, doing things others haven't done before"

But this looks SOO much like MW2, it could be a map-pack for god-sakes, all the same element of MW2 are there just remixed in different ways. You don't need a new engine or whole new assets, you jsut need a bit of code stictching what is already on MW2's disc.

You couldn't say that about MW2 to COD4.

You couldn't say that about Black Ops in relation to MW2.

But you can here, after all this time and lets see what the competition is around September-November:
-RAGE
-Battlefield 3
-Arkham City
-Saints Row the Third
-Skyrim
-Assassin's Creed: Revelations
-Gears of War 3
-Bodycount
-Dark Souls
-Uncharted 3

In previous years COD would completely clear this part of the year but not this year.

As for people who need their COD fix... there are only FOUR COD games to chose from, COD4, WaW, MW2 or Black Ops, that's a lot of fixing. Black ops fixed COD just about as much as it could be fixed, I don't think any where near as many are going to pay $60 just for a MW2 map-pack with Black-ops nerfs... which is all MW3 seems to be.

Ryan Kish:
I thought I was watching a mod for MW2 for a bit. Until it said MW3 in bold green letters like it's so proud to be here. Seriously, it looks like an expaniosn pack. Actually, not even that. It looks like DLC... if that. I honestly thought it may have been a asthetic mod.

Now you see why Activision has coded out modding of their games.

They do it themselves only they charge $60 as if it's a new game!

Javarino:

While I doubt its the BEST looking game, I still can appreciate the artstyle for MW2. Compared to Black Ops, MW2 is just so much brighter and cleaner/crisper. C

Brighter shades and cleaner versions of brown is still brown.

OT: Nope. Activision, there are too many other good games that my money begs to buy. Count me out.

EDIT:

Treblaine:

But you can here, after all this time and lets see what the competition is around September-November:
-RAGE
-Battlefield 3
-Arkham City
-Saints Row the Third
-Skyrim
-Assassin's Creed: Revelations
-Gears of War 3
-Bodycount
-Dark Souls
-Uncharted 3

Thanks for reminding me of all those good games.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here