Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Audio of 2027

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Audio of 2027

Eidos Interactive's sound designers discuss the music and sound effects made for the upcoming game.

Watch Video

The more I see of how the game is designed and made, the more I get the feel it'll be a masterpiece.

Well, an arguable 10/10 at least.

Don't disappoint me, Eidos Montreal.

I think this is great and all, but if I don't hear a few allusions to the old themes I'll be a little crestfallen. (Won't stop me from enjoying the game, but there's a certain tune that says to me: "exploring the ladies' room and checking my e-mail in deus ex".)

Elias Toufexis, seems like a good guy. I couldn't help but laugh at his commentary, I do all the same things so it sounds like I'll enjoy my good guy play through of this game quite a bit (as those may be the most heartfelt responses).

Ghengis John:
I think this is great and all, but if I don't hear a few allusions to the old themes I'll be a little crestfallen. (Won't stop me from enjoying the game, but there's a certain tune that says to me: "exploring the ladies' room and checking my e-mail in deus ex".)

I lol'd.

Very fond memories of DEx 1... I *think* that was the first videogame I played where you actually got called out on the usual FPS explore-the-(ladies)restroom trend Duke started.

Also, yeah, great tune. I kinda tickles me that cyberpunk stories, movies, music, etc have been around long enough through the 80s-early00's to now have an almost "Retro Cyberpunk" vibe.

Whelp... I'm happy. That all sounded immensely promising and the gameplay footage seems to back up what they were saying.

EDIT:

Ghengis John:
...but there's a certain tune that says to me: "exploring the ladies' room and checking my e-mail in deus ex".

*video snipped for space*

Elias Toufexis, seems like a good guy. I couldn't help but laugh at his commentary, I do all the same things so it sounds like I'll enjoy my good guy play through of this game quite a bit (as those may be the most heartfelt responses).

Whoa. Nostalgia dart right between the eyes.

Yeah, I smiled at the voice actor's comments as well. I do the same thing he does. One time in Deus Ex I accidentally stepped on a cat and killed it. Instant quickload. Lost over an hour of progress. No regrets. Heh.

Soraryuu:
The more I see of how the game is designed and made, the more I get the feel it'll be a masterpiece.

Well, an arguable 10/10 at least.

Don't disappoint me, Eidos Montreal.

Agreed. The more I hear and see about this game, the more I want it to succeed. It is clear this is not some half-baked effort on the part of the developers. Still going to wait on a review or two before investing. Here's hoping this game can live up to the high regards I hold the last two Deus Ex games.

The ultimate test for this game for me will be, does it have its own "Ocean Lab"? The original Deus Ex's equivalent of the Shalebridge Cradle, in a way.

I am getting such a Ghost in the Shell vibe from this game.

That is exactly what I want.

Is it wrong that, while i'm buying the game mostly because it looks damn near perfect, the main reason i want it is for the soundtrack?

My inner muso is dancing with glee.

Daystar Clarion:
I am getting such a Ghost in the Shell vibe from this game.

That is exactly what I want.

Amen, brother. I'm stoked for this game.

I rarely play games without turning towards critics beforehand, but this I'll make an exception.

This game's making me all tingly right now, and I like it.

This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I never played the first two games but I just like how this is turning out. That and it's a game that is developed for AMD cards so I know it will run great on my rig. Damn you Nvidia and your stranglehold on the market.

UltraDolphins:
This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I never played the first two games but I just like how this is turning out.

The first one was great, often cited as one of the greatest games of all time and probably will be until everyone who played it retires from games journalism. The second one, well... most of us don't like to talk about too much.

But this game looks to be a return to the things that made the first one great.

This game looks, and sounds, amazing.

*Sits in corner, rocking back and forth* 7 more days, 7 more days, 7 more days...

just watched 1st 30 seconds 'its a story driven game' WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK

Ghengis John:

< video snip >

Damn you.. it took all of 5 seconds of that audio track to make me feel the need to replay Deus Ex. Don't think I've played it this year yet, or at least in the last 6 months.

OT EDIT: Erm, getting super-excited about this. Agree with the rest - it really looks like the devs are putting a great deal of effort into not making this a shitty knock-off.

nothingspringstomind:
Is it wrong that, while i'm buying the game mostly because it looks damn near perfect, the main reason i want it is for the soundtrack?

Oh, no. The music they've teased us with so far has been truly awesome. I've heard lots of people saying that they're buying it for the soundtrack.

NathLines:

nothingspringstomind:

Oh, no. The music they've teased us with so far has been truly awesome. I've heard lots of people saying that they're buying it for the soundtrack.

Got the augmented edition preordered specifically for the soundtrack. I think i may convince the missus to let me play some of it at our wedding. :)

I hadn't seen how the dialogue choice system would work in Deus Ex: Human Revolution until this video (at 3:26). I'm liking what I'm seeing there.

So stoked for this game now. I just pray to God that Square haven't managed to get their grubby, shit covered finger marks all over it. That would be tragic.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here