Kentucky Route Zero and Gone Home Among IndieCade Winners
Cardboard Computer and The Fullbright Company walk away winners at IndieCade.
The results are in! The 2013 IndieCade awards were announced last night in Los Angeles. Out of the 850 games submitted to IndieCade this year, only 36 finalists were asked to show their games at this year's festival. Win or lose, all finalists will receive a distribution agreement through Desura.
Kentucky Route Zero, the show's big winner, was the only game to take home two awards. Blendo Games' Quadrilateral Cowboy earned the show's grand jury award. Here's the full list of winners:
- The Grand Jury Award: Quadrilateral Cowboy - Blendo Games
- The Trailblazer Award: Tracy Fullerton
- The Special Recognition Award: Porpentine's Twine Compilation - Porpentine
- The Technology Award: Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party - KnapNok Games & Redgrim
- The Interaction Award: Spaceteam - Henry Smith
- The Game Design Award: NIDHOGG - MESSHOF
- The Impact Award: Dog Eat Dog - Liwanag Press
- The Story/Word Design Award: Kentucky Route Zero - Cardboard Computer
- The Visual Design Award: Kentucky Route Zero - Cardboard Computer
- The Audio Design Award: Gone Home - The Fullbright Company
Though many of the winners were named last night, there are still a few awards left to hand out. The IndieCade judges will give the Developer's Choice Award, the Media Choice Award and the Audience Choice Award at the show's closing awards ceremony on Sunday at 5pm Pacific.