Xbox One With a Side of Fries? Hong Kong Xbox Bundle Includes Hamburger

Xbox One With a Side of Fries? Hong Kong Xbox Bundle Includes Hamburger

image45

For a limited time, you can buy an Xbox One hamburger from Hong Kong burger chain Triple-O's.

Well, here's some news I never thought I'd write - for a limited time, Hong Kong residents can pick themselves up a special Dead or Alive Xbox One bundle that comes with a free, Xbox-themed hamburger. The Xbox burger comes thanks to a cross-promotion between Xbox Hong Kong, Koei Tecmo and local burger chain Triple-O's.

The special Dead or Alive 5: Last Round bundle includes an Xbox One system with a 500 GB hard drive, a code for Assassin's Creed Unity, a download code for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round on disc, a 3+1 month code for Xbox Live Gold, a Biotherm Homme bag, HK$130 worth of Xbox Live credit, a Dead or Alive 5: Last Round cushion, and a voucher for an Xbox One hamburger - all for HK$3580 (around $460 USD).

Of course, if you already have an Xbox One, or perhaps, don't want to buy one just for a hamburger, Triple O's is also selling the Xbox burger a la carte at their restaurants around the region.

Behold, The Xbox One hamburger:

Well that's, uh, certainly a thing that has happened. It's a shame this burger is only available in Hong Kong - I wanted to see if it would refuse to open if I didn't have an active internet connection. Or if it was backwards compatible with the ketchup I bought from the store. Or if I had to plug a camera into it to eat it...

Source: Siliconera

Needs more pickles. A burger isn't a burger until it is loaded with pickles.

I'd be more impressed if the burger was actually the X-Box One. For the people that order online they should throw the burger in anyway. Quality moldy burger right there.

RaikuFA:
Needs more pickles. A burger isn't a burger until it is loaded with pickles.

Don't forget onions. Onions are also great on a burger.

Better save that burger and resell it on Ebay. It's gonna be a collectors edition soon.

Houseman:
Better save that burger and resell it on Ebay. It's gonna be a collectors edition soon.

OT: What. ALL the what.

It's nice to know that commerce is improving in China, but seriously?

I don't think Triple O's is a "local" burger chain in Hong Kong. I'm pretty sure it's an off-shoot of White Spot which was started here in BC, Canada. Wikipedia seems to back me up on this.

So where's my XBone burger?

Houseman:

I think I've seen that strategy before...

That doesn't look like much of a burger. Too small, and no fries to boot.

Are they allowed to sell undercooked meat? :P

On a serious note though, it doesn't really look any different from a normal slapped together burger.

Is that DoA package on the left side contain the burger?

If so then I am sure someone will keep hold of it for collector values. If Triple-O are anything like McDonalds burgers then it may last a long time without rotting within it.

I'm in HK until tomorrow lunch time....ummm...16 hours from now. Anyone want me to bring them back a burger? Or an XBox?

As if doritos and Moutain Dew weren't bad enough. Are MS really trying to make people fat O_O

Dimitriov:
I don't think Triple O's is a "local" burger chain in Hong Kong. I'm pretty sure it's an off-shoot of White Spot which was started here in BC, Canada. Wikipedia seems to back me up on this.

So where's my XBone burger?

I've never heard of 'em, but I can vouch for the outstanding quality of White Spot's burgers. Yum yum yum yum yumyumyumyumyumyumyum.

Well that's, uh, certainly a thing that has happened. It's a shame this burger is only available in Hong Kong - I wanted to see if it would refuse to open if I didn't have an active internet connection. Or if it was backwards compatible with the ketchup I bought from the store. Or if I had to plug a camera into it to eat it...

I'm sure that once it's been successfully ingested and activated inside your stomach, it can record your buying and fapping habits enrich your life and connect you to the ecksbacks as a valued schmuck customer.

While part of it is weird, that's still a pretty good bundle for $460.

As long as you don't mind it being sullied by the inclusion of AC:Unity.

lol. weird. i live in HK i have never saw this. but maybe because i never eat at mc. but have to admit, it does sound nice but clearly M$ trying everything again to sell more of their crapboxes.

nonsense. its not an Xbox burger unless its made out of potatoes.

Triple-O's is indeed a chain from Vancouver, Canada, not Hong Kong. Though it does have locations in Hong Kong. It's the fast-food brand of White Spot.

I had a look at the (very brief) article Bogos cited... I don't see any mention there of Triple-O's being local. It seems Bogos added that "fact" himself.

Does somebody remember Nathan Drake's Subway commercial? Yeah, it happened. I wonder which fast-food product Nintendo would embrace. PizzaU or Sushi 3DS?

Houseman:

With the amount of preservatives that go into fast food these days, I guarantee that it will still be in mint condition in 300 years time when it's on display in a "Video Games of the Last Millenium" Museum.

Is the bun the Xbox icon, or is the Xbox icon a bun?

Scarim Coral:
Is that DoA package on the left side contain the burger?

If so then I am sure someone will keep hold of it for collector values. If Triple-O are anything like McDonalds burgers then it may last a long time without rotting within it.

That "Package" is the DOA 5 cushion mentioned in the article. The burger is attainable through a voucher present in the bundle, ALSO mentioned in the article...
Also, McDonald's burgers only last forever because they're thin, salty, and quickly cooked at a high temperature. IF that thing in the article is what you're getting, the amount of lettuce and tomato present is gonna have it moldy within the week. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Hong Kong has stricter laws regarding preservatives, everyone else that isn't the US seems to. You know in Japan they're required to use actual fresh ingredients? Never frozen. Apparently makes it a great dating destination. That and shrimp burgers.

TristanBelmont:
While part of it is weird, that's still a pretty good bundle for $460.

As long as you don't mind it being sullied by the inclusion of AC:Unity.

I like to think it would cost more if Unity WASN'T present. That's the only way I could justify its inclusion, and probably the only way to get people excited to have it bundled.

I have so many questions. One of them being: "Did they ship those burgers alongside the Xboxes?"

Another question is: "Why?"

The only thing I can think seeing this is 'come to the evil side, we have pie'.

I wonder what SLJ would think about all this...
Huh... Now, I'm jealous that I can't try out this "tasty burger"...

Other than that, I kinda want that DOA cushion...

Microsoft is getting desperate...

Next you'll see guys with windex and rags on the street corner going "I'll clean your windshield for a dollar sir! No?...I...I give a free XboxOne with every cleaning!!!...no?...okay..."

If "REPORT" had been stuck in front of this thread's title, I absolutely would have thought it was Taco News.

Edit: Apparently I missed that the burger is not actually packaged with the Xbone.

serously wtf? the set makes almost normal sense untill you get to the burger voucher I swear asia is just trying to be weird at this point... the only way this could be weirder if this was one of those burger in a can burgers that are marketed toward prepppers

Lunch and an Xbox One? Fucking sold, sir.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here