Ragnaros And Varian Wrynn Announced As New Heroes of The Storm Heroes
Blizzard has revealed the next two heroes to enter the Nexus.
At the BlizzCon 2016 opening ceremony, Blizzard revealed the latest two heroes to join the Heroes of The Storm Nexus: the Alliance's former King Varian Wrynn and Ragnaros, the Firelord himself. Check them out in the cinematic reveal trailer to the right, and read on for a description of their abilities:
- Passive: HEROIC STRIKE - Every 18 seconds, Varian's next Basic Attack deals 140 bonus damage. Basic Attacks reduce this cooldown by 2 seconds.
- LION'S FANG - Create a shockwave that travels in a straight line, dealing 150 damage and slowing enemies by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
- PARRY - Parry all incoming Basic Attacks for 1.25 seconds, reducing their damage by 100%.
- CHARGE - Charge to the target enemy, dealing 50 damage and slowing them by 75% for 1 second.
- Warrior Mode
Heroic: TAUNT - Force the target Hero to attack Varian for 1.25 seconds. Passive: Maximum Health increased by 50%. Passive: Attack Speed reduced by 25%.
- Assassin Mode
Heroic: COLOSSUS SMASH Smash a target enemy, dealing 187 damage and making them Vulnerable for 3 seconds. Passive: Base Attack Damage increased by 75%. Passive: Maximum Health reduced by 10%.
Heroic: TWIN BLADES OF FURY - Basic Attacks reduce Heroic Strike's cooldown by 9 seconds, and increase Varian's Movement Speed by 30% for 2 seconds. Passive: Attack Speed increased by 100%. Passive: Base Attack Damage reduced by 25%.
- Passive: MOLTEN CORE - Claim an allied or destroyed fort as your new Molten Core. Each of your abilities is temporarily upgraded, and you gain a large pool of health which slowly burns away, though you must remain stationary until your health runs out.
- EMPOWER SULFURAS - Your next basic attack is instant, does area damage, and heals you for 20% of the damage you deal.
- LIVING METEOR - Call down a meteor nearby; it deals minor damage on impact, and then rolls in the direction you've targeted, dealing moderate damage to foes caught in its path.
- BLAST WAVE - Briefly ignite yourself or an ally, boosting movement speed by 25% for 1.5 seconds. The boosted target explodes in flame, dealing moderate damage to enemies nearby.
- Heroic: SULFURAS SMASH - Hurl Sulfuras into the air, dealing moderate area damage when it lands. All enemies in the center of the impact zone are burned for significant additional damage, and stunned for .5 seconds.
- Heroic: LAVA WAVE - Release a massive lava wave which travels down a targeted lane, dealing high damage to enemies caught in the flames
Check them out in action below:
Varian is a melee warrior, who from the looks of things can change his ultimate based on his team's needs. If you need a tanky tank, you take the "warrior" ultimate, while if you need some extra DPS, then you take one of the two assassin ones.
Ragnaros on the other hand is a melee assassin, and has a rather interesting passive that "ties" him to a friendly, or destroyed enemy, fort.
We don't know when these new heroes will be released, but we can expect to hear about it in the coming months.
Click here to check out all of our coverage from BlizzCon 2016!
...Ragnaros looks kinda silly. I think it's the horns - they don't look anything like what his actual horns did, it's like he just ripped a couple off Diablo and called it a day.
I wonder if Wrynn will have a Lo'gosh costume.
I'm not entirely sure about Wrynn, I feel as though he is a tank version of Illidan. Ragnaros on the other hand looks like he could be almost as interesting a character as Cho'Gall only without the wasting of a character slot. Sure you wouldn't be able to push lanes like cho could, but you could certainly defend your fortresses a man or two down this way (for lane soak if early game, objective sniping and mercing late game).
Huh, you'd think with a passive like that, Rag would be considered a Specialist rather than an assassin.