What games are you playing?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 22 NEXT

I'm glad I decided to find all the tokens for the Queen's Bracelet. Makes collecting treasures much less ludicrous. I didn't expect to get something so useful for it. Just discovered the horn. I think I agree with you that The Lost Legacy is the best Uncharted, though it's early to judge. This impossible Indian kingdom is a beautiful place to venture through, and although it's still very much a linear, cinematic game, I feel like I'm more free to play the game. A few good puzzles too. The platforming climbing is still really automated and easy, but that's how games are now, sadly. The story doesn't take itself so damn seriously as U3 and U4, which is refreshing. The gunplay is alright. These games never really excelled in that area. One of the disappointing things is how scripted the exploration is at times. I see this treasure below me that I skipped. The ground is close enough that Chloe should be able to land as she normally does, but she dies. Edit: I had to take the long way back down, even though it wouldn't have broken the puzzle to just let me drop.

Yeah I've always thought the climbing/platforming was the weakest part in the Uncharted series, aside from the supernatural twists which usually involved unfun bullet sponge enemies. Dying from chicken shit falls when it looks like you shouldn't, akward camera angles obscuring where you need to swing to, jankier animations for platforming vs anything else, etc. The exploring has gotten better in the PS4 games, but is still pretty...well, non-organic feeling. I'm hoping the new God of War does it better. It sounds like it will be.

Am doing the Warframes. Sometimes when am in a Warframe mood.

Also am trying to see if it's possible to 'understand' competitive fighting games by playing Skullgirls 2nd encore. Can't even get past the tutorials. It doesn't appear to read the combos I'm evidently performing on screen usually after failing the last attempt. And is really pissy about what constitutes two buttons pressed simultaneously, which gets real agitating when you're up to the last 2 moves in an 8-move air combo both of which are quarter-circle inputs in midair with the final being a double-button press which doesn't read at the best of times. What the drekking drek??

This is like trying to learn an instrument with a time and health limit while somebody else is beating you up with their instrument. Except there are no sweet tunes or creative emotional outlets to be found from learning this, oh and sometimes the instrument bugs out so you don't always know if the failure is you or them. It produces that disheartening feeling of knowing I could be practicing something more fulfilling instead :/

Finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice. Each case was like an acquired taste: the start made me feel "meh!", but at the end I was fully invested (although I think the "there were two of him!?" twist is starting to get a little overused in the series. The new Prosecutor was definitely "meh!" (it replaced Gavin as my least favorite Prosecutor in the series), the Divination Seances mechanics were interesting. Oh! And finally the return of examining the environment outside the crime scenes just for laughs was a delight.

Now I'm playing Ace Attorney Investigations. It isn't one of my favorite in the series, but it still is enjoyable.

Going through my backlog boosting online trophies. Tomb Raider, LittleBigPlanet 2, Borderlands 2, Dead Island... I didn't know about the PSNP community at all, everybody's a great sport so far. Having a lot of fun with it.

EDIT: Finally Platinum'd Dead Island! :D

Ni No Kuni 2. On the last chapter of the story. I plan to platinum it before making a start on anything else, though.

Also playing through Silent Hill 3 for the first time, but I'm only playing through that when I'm seeing a friend (who enjoys watching me play through games from his childhood) so progress is quite slow. Just killed Leonard Wolf with the Katana. It's great, though so far not quite as good as #1 or #2.

Not sure what I'll start next. I'll be getting Dark Souls Remastered, but need something to tide me over until then.

While I was really enjoying Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I decided to take a break from it until Warhorse masters the fine art of patching. I refuse to have to redo glitched quests anymore because they were tied to a bad patch.

Now I'm back into The Witcher 3 and also really enjoying it. Very different games, and there are things I appreciate more in each. With TW3, it's the world CDPR has created, and how fully involved they've made the different design aspects of story, alchemy, combat and exploration which meld into pretty fantastic package. It takes a bit to get into with a rather intimidating menu system, but now after a few hours it's starting to click. Possibly the biggest challenge so far is simply finding better gear or accumulating enough coin to buy it. Ingredients have also been scarce, but I'm guessing I'll find more as I scour more of the map.

I played the demo for Watch_Dogs 2 last night. Aside from the opening mission being fun, the rest of the game is as much of a slog as the first game. I'm glad that there was a demo for this game, its saved me some cash.

RAGE on PC.

Game is solid so far. No idea why people had such a low opinion on it.

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

Tech 5 was kind of a mess. The only good thing it yielded was decent (baked) visuals at 60fps on old memory-starved consoles.

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

Hype. is suspect.

Rage was made by the creators of Doom; and their fans didn't expect Rage to be another mixed-genre game following the popular trends (and looking like a poorman's combination of Call of Duty, Borderlands and Fallout 3) in a time full of mixed-genre AAA blockbusters.

I have the theory that, without the context of the rest of the games in the market, most games will feel solid on their own.

CaitSeith:

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

Hype. is suspect.

Rage was made by the creators of Doom; and their fans didn't expect Rage to be another mixed-genre game following the popular trends (and looking like a poorman's combination of Call of Duty, Borderlands and Fallout 3) in a time full of mixed-genre AAA blockbusters.

I have the theory that, without the context of the rest of the games in the market, most games will feel solid on their own.

To me its just "hey the more the merrier" in this case.

At least this game has better gunplay than Fallout 3 and 4.

Samtemdo8:

CaitSeith:

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

Hype. is suspect.

To me its just "hey the more the merrier" in this case.

At least this game has better gunplay than Fallout 3 and 4.

It had a pretty choppy launch as far as bugs and performance (in the PC case) went.

Other then that, the core FPS bit was pretty good. The driving stuff and the pseudo-RPG styling, not so much.

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

What was so good about it?

I've recently finished the main story of Yakuza 0 and I'm kinda done with it, so I'm planning to let it sit for a while before swinging into Kiwami. Other than that, I'm in the middle of a couple Stellaris games, one solo, the other with a couple friends.

My solo game is in a bit of a tricky spot atm. One of the fallen empires has woken up and declared war on the empire I have a defensive pact with, so I'm drawn into a war that I'm not really in a position to fight. I'm also well out of position, so that doesn't help much either.

The game with my friends is going a lot smoother. We've formed a federation and are in the process of beating our neighbours that refuse to join us into a fine paste.

What the hell was this?! I couldn't believe I just murdered that helpless woman to keep a gate open, after pushing and shoving her to what I assumed was safety. That was awful. Instead of going through the gate, I just went back and looked at her remains, mortified. What a jerk.

After finishing MGSV(finally), I decided to play something shorter and Indie(which feels like the exact opposite from MGSV's bloated yet rushed AAA experience). I started OneShot(One Shot?), which I'm kinda enjoying despite a rather obvious gimmick(the player being acknowledged as a separate entity then the PC). I'm just curious where all of this is going and what kind of twist this is all setting up.

I finished Iconoclasts yesterday and I'm probably going to wrap up Anachronox somewhere by the end of the week, maybe next week.

Not really sure what I want to play next. It's a toss-up between Starbound or Stardew Valley.

Johnny Novgorod:
Going through my backlog boosting online trophies. Tomb Raider, LittleBigPlanet 2, Borderlands 2, Dead Island... I didn't know about the PSNP community at all, everybody's a great sport so far. Having a lot of fun with it.

People really still play Dead Island online? As well as Tomb Raider? For fuck's sake, I barely can get a match in Space Marine on PC here.

Ni No Kuni 2:
It's SO PRETTY...AND...it's fun as well.

Woah Dave!:
Good thing this was free via PSN+, because...yeah. No. Not even worth the time it took to download.

All the Souls-borne. Again.
Just like last year.

Chimpzy:
I finished Iconoclasts yesterday and I'm probably going to wrap up Anachronox somewhere by the end of the week, maybe next week.

Not really sure what I want to play next. It's a toss-up between Starbound or Stardew Valley.

If I may suggest, I'd recommend Stardew Valley. I like the idea behind Starbound but after a while it starts feeling very samey(there's a ton of different planets but they all start looking alike after a while). Stardew Valley felt compelling for much, much longer.

Ezekiel:

What the hell was this?! I couldn't believe I just murdered that helpless woman to keep a gate open, after pushing and shoving her to what I assumed was safety. That was awful. Instead of going through the gate, I just went back and looked at her remains, mortified. What a jerk.

He pretty much lost all humanity even before the third game started. He has much to repent for. That's why I'm so curious to see how he becomes at all redeemable in the new one.

Samtemdo8:
RAGE on PC.

The engine sucks ass, or atleast it did. Texture pop-in everywhere, the game also ended very abruptly and had no climax.

Naldan:

Johnny Novgorod:

People really still play Dead Island online? As well as Tomb Raider? For fuck's sake, I barely can get a match in Space Marine on PC here.

Matchmaking is kind of a bitch in Tomb Raider but that was already the case back when the game was new.
As for Dead Island, the game's chock-full of players roaming around.

OP: Now I'm replaying Hitman: Absolution.

Katamari Damacy PC

Trying out Warframe.

In first impressions, its fun but more then a little janky. Everything feels just a little dodgy in terms of controls, and the stealth and melee don't seem to have any substance to them at all despite being seemingly core features. The building and customization stuffs got more depth then usual (though thats also where the microtransactions start popping up). The UI is just an mess of stuff scattered in different corners of the screen that doesn't seem to actually ever be explained, two hours in and I still don't know where my health/energy is, or if its even on the screen (Combat thus far also hasn't particularly offered much challenge, if that wasnt obvious),

Neon Chrome's proven to be a pretty fun twin stick shmup. 10 Tons shooters are kinda like The Ramones; it's simple, you know what you're gonna get, and it'll at least be fun if unremarkable.

Smithnikov:
Neon Chrome's proven to be a pretty fun twin stick shmup. 10 Tons shooters are kinda like The Ramones; it's simple, you know what you're gonna get, and it'll at least be fun if unremarkable.

Neon Chrome is a great little game, have also just downloaded their other title Jydge last night, have yet to try it though. There is one more recent called Tesla vs Lovecraft which am personally very much on the fence about trying, if you've seen it around.

Started Nier Automata this morning, played through the opening mission and really enjoyed it. Still slightly wierded out about the choice of Lolita costumes for all the andriods(and even moreso, the fact 2B wears high heels into combat) but looking forward to playing more of it.

If you're gonna do a cold open, that's a good way to do it.

Dalisclock:

Chimpzy:
Starbound or Stardew Valley.

If I may suggest, I'd recommend Stardew Valley. I like the idea behind Starbound but after a while it starts feeling very samey(there's a ton of different planets but they all start looking alike after a while). Stardew Valley felt compelling for much, much longer.

I've since played a bit of both games and I've started to have similar feelings about them. I'm barely into the part of Starbound where the universe opens up and I'm already getting tired of its gameplay loop, whereas I don't for Stardew Valley.

I thought I would like Starbound more because I really like Terraria. But I now realize I liked the latter so much largely because I played it with a friend, whereas I was alone for Starbound. I miss that feeling of discovering something and going "Hey, get down here, I found stuff", coordinating to build our bigass Bowser's Castle themed underground base, then later try to stop the Corruption from overrunning it and generally goofing around and chatting about random stuff while we played.

Am attempting Divinity Original Sin once more, inbetween Warframes (so close to second dream...so close I can taste it like anxiety drawn blood swelling in the mouth, but it sort of moves further away every time I think I am close, so whatevles. Doing the Neptune junction tasks), Divinity has a lot of menu faffing that sometimes turns out to not even be needed, so the realisation that the faff was self-imposed as if a mild OCD was desperately trying to claw out of repression, is humbling.
The VA kind of carries it for me with an endearingly whimsical overacting British cast of various dialects that sound like they're having a lot of fun and brings forth memories of watching Blackadder. Without this, it would probably be discarded after a couple of confusing mistakes.

But I do sense the game is more than willing to fuck me over if I dare step in the wrong direction, press the wrong button, select the wrong item, stare too long at a painting on the wall or whatnot... so save-scum is my new loyal best friend!

I'm continuing Persona 4 (it's still my first playthrough). I stopped playing it a while ago after I lost against the Shadow Mitsuo boss (I managed to defeat him this time). I enjoy the game for the most part, but it seems I suck at some bosses.

Girlfriend finished Drake's Fortune on Hard so I've been mostly backseating that.
I'm also replaying Hitman: Absolution on Professional, going for the Platinum.
I've been backlogging and trophy hunting since I finished Katamari Forever. Want to start something new and can't quite make up my mind.

Having fun with Gravity Rush Remastered. Taking the story at my own pace, mostly ignoring the map, mastering challenges.

Oh yeah, I should probably mention it's discounted by 60 percent on PSN right now.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 22 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here