Resident Evil Netflix official trailer live-action Wesker licker July 14, 2022 release date horror TV show series Capcom

Netflix Resident Evil Series Official Trailer Has Lickers and Giant Spiders

As part of Netflix Geeked Week, Netflix has released the longer, official trailer for its live-action Resident Evil TV series that will premiere on July 14, 2022. The first trailer looked more like 28 Days Later or maybe The Walking Dead than the iconic Capcom franchise, feeling perhaps overly familiar to zombie genre consumers. The official Netflix trailer for Resident Evil has a bit more camp and series iconography though, with a better look at a Licker, a bunch of giant spiders, and some sort of giant slug thing. The series could turn out to be yet another train wreck of a live-action adaptation, but at least we have another month of blissful ignorance before we find out for sure.

Recommended Videos

“They said the world would end in 2036, but they were wrong,” says someone in the trailer. “The world ended a long time ago.” As expected, the premise of this series involves Umbrella unleashing the T-Virus, which creates monsters and apparently brings ruin to the world. The story will focus on Wesker (Lance Reddick) and his daughters, Billie and Jade, and it will play out across eight one-hour-long episodes. Beyond Reddick, the cast includes Ella Balinska, Tamara Smart, Siena Agudong, Adeline Rudolph, Paola Nuñez, Ahad Raza Mir, Connor Gossatti, and Turlough Convery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdjcDTc9Vk

Let us know what you think of the official trailer for the Resident Evil TV series and if Netflix has you feeling good about the adaptation.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Related Content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.