Deadpool 3 director Shawn Levy Ryan Reynolds Free Guy The Adam Project

Deadpool 3 Director Likely to Be Shawn Levy of Free Guy & The Adam Project

Deadpool 3 is coming, it will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), and it will be rated R. We already knew all of that. Now, however, details are coming out about its actual production. THR reports that Shawn Levy, director of Free Guy and most recently The Adam Project, is in negotiations to direct Deadpool 3 across star Ryan Reynolds. This move would make good sense considering that, well, every movie in the previous sentence stars Ryan Reynolds.

Recommended Videos

Whether as director or producer, Shawn Levy has been involved in many successful IPs, and Deadpool 3 would be just another feather in his cap. Action comedy Free Guy was a surprise hit in the era of COVID, and sci-fi action film The Adam Project is delivering Steven Spielberg-esque thrills to Netflix starting today. Levy is also producer on Stranger Things, which is coming back for the first part of season 4 this May.

The first Deadpool movie was directed by Tim Miller, and the sequel was directed by David Leitch. Both films were written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. However, Deadpool 3 will be written by Bob’s Burgers writers Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin. Time will tell if Ryan Reynolds and (probably) Shawn Levy can make lightning strike thrice for Deadpool 3. The movie has no release window yet.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Is Prime Video’s Fallout Getting a Season 2?
Lucy MacLean, Wilzig, and Ma June in Fallout Season 1
Read Article X-Men ’97: Why Can Xavier Walk Now?
Charles Xavier and Lilandra in X-Men Season 1, Episode 6, "Lifedeath – Part 2"
Read Article Where Was the Fallout Show Filmed? Answered
All Major Actors & Cast For Prime Video's Fallout
Related Content
Read Article Is Prime Video’s Fallout Getting a Season 2?
Lucy MacLean, Wilzig, and Ma June in Fallout Season 1
Read Article X-Men ’97: Why Can Xavier Walk Now?
Charles Xavier and Lilandra in X-Men Season 1, Episode 6, "Lifedeath – Part 2"
Read Article Where Was the Fallout Show Filmed? Answered
All Major Actors & Cast For Prime Video's Fallout
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.