Eyes in the Dark: The Curious Case of One Victoria Bloom trailer release date July 14, 2022 Under the Stairs Gearbox Publishing

Eyes in the Dark Is a Stylish Black-and-White ‘Roguelight’

Gearbox Publishing and developer Under the Stairs have announced Eyes in the Dark: The Curious Case of One Victoria Bloom, a stylish “roguelight” game that will launch on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on July 14, 2022. It is available to preorder for $14.99, and any preorders come with the digital original soundtrack for free.

Recommended Videos

The premise of Eyes in the Dark is that young girl Victoria Bloom is searching for her lost grandfather in Bloom Manor, where darkness has overtaken everything. You need to use your flashlight to survive and explore, while collecting extra flashlight batteries and new abilities. You will have a slingshot with twin-stick controls to start, but you will find diverse items and upgrades like the “Shotgun Bulb” to fight stronger enemies. As might be expected in a roguelite, Bloom Manor will change in every playthrough, but “players can choose between multiple different ways to increase their power and difficulty of the run, tailoring each playthrough with every decision.”

As the Eyes in the Dark announcement trailer demonstrates, the whole game has a striking black-and-white style, and your flashlight seems instrumental in finding the path forward. Hopefully this isn’t the last “roguelight” game we see, as this one is looking pretty solid so far. Keep an eye out for it this July.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Related Content
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.