Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 . . . 922 NEXT

Johnny Novgorod:

splashbree:
Hey guys!
there was this educational game I played back in the 2000s at school where you could make your own picture book and scenes.
If anyone knows it then please reply, desperate to find it for my class!
cheers.

Storybook Weaver?

YESSSSS OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH ive been trying to remember for weeks!

Johnny Novgorod:

Sultan M. Al-Murayeh:
Can anyone tell me the name of this game? 3rd person horror games you start on a ship then I think on an island... you play later as a female character I think she was asian.. it was a Resident evil 4 clone for sure. I think you fight zombies and there are puzzles maybe?

Is it Cold Fear?

No, I remember it now.. its Resident evil dead aim

splashbree:

Johnny Novgorod:

splashbree:
Hey guys!
there was this educational game I played back in the 2000s at school where you could make your own picture book and scenes.
If anyone knows it then please reply, desperate to find it for my class!
cheers.

Storybook Weaver?

YESSSSS OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH ive been trying to remember for weeks!

No problem!

I remember play a demo of a strategy game... I remember you can see the arrows fly straight when the archer shoot them... i remember pumpkin farms? I guess thats where you get the resources to build your army and when the demo ended it showed a 2 pages of steam machines like air balloons and steam tanks and other steampunk machines, I dont remember playing the full game just the demo.

Christopher Aaron Tidwell:
Hi I'm trying to remember a game I believe was on the nes. It looks similar to double moon densentsu in terms of graphics. It was an rpg style game where you start out as a male. They give you I believe abagged lunch every time you rest at home which heals like 15hp. After progressing as this character to a certain point it switches you to a female character. The only other thing I remember is there is wet black powder and you have to use it for a distraction. Any help would be much appreciated!

bump

vgbm:
I don't remember much about this game. It's a computer game I played a demo of sometime during the ots but it could've easily been much older. It was some sort of fantasy-themed rpg with an isometric view. You lived in this town and could explore the square-shaped areas outside of it and complete quests and work toward some sort of goal. I think the combat could've been real time, but I'm not completely sure. The main thing about the game (and the reason I wanna find it again) was there were other factions/guilds/houses/whatever they were called in the same town (how many you could choose at the start of the game) and they were able to do the same quests and were working toward the same goal as you. There was a menu that showed your relationship status with the other factions as well as their relationships with each other.

I know that's not much to go by, but any help would be appreciated.

Din's Curse by Soldak.

Similar to Myst, etc, in terms of puzzles, graphics, and atmosphere.
I played it on the PC. Not sure if 90s or 00s. I don't have much to go on so Googling it and asking around has been a nightmare.
A forest, at night. A bright moon in the sky. Many consecutive left, right, choices, etc. I had them memorised as a kid. Traversing through the maze would, I think, lead to a tower. I know you climb a tower at some point. As in, you scale the side of it. It's first person. You either play no character, or a man.

I don't remember anything else but I asked my father and he said "It was basic, but atmospheric. You could click-wander for miles through forests, and up ladders into tree huts. The puzzles were very hard. I know I gave up."

Forgive me, it turns out my dad thought I was talking about Myst... so I currently have little lead outside of the dark forest maze and scaling the tower. I have vivid images in my mind, and many vague memories that I don't think I could articulate to you guys.

Climbing the tower gave me a similar feeling to climbing the Catcall Tower in Okami, but this was strictly point and click and had a less animated appearance and, knowing this game, there will have been puzzles on the way up.

It's this old business tycoon from the 90s where you started in the early 1900s (maybe the 20s?) and had to fill a town's street with shops (restaurant, jewelry, shopping mall, etc), except in other streets some shops would perform better than others (jewelry sold more in rich neighborhoods, per example). Over time you'd advance in years (60s, 70s, 80s up to I think "futuristic" 2000s) and as you did, you'd unlock new kinds of shops, upgrades for 'em, some shops would lose popularity and you could even spread your empire to other streets of town. It had a pretty good depth for such an old game, and I'd like to play it again sometimes.

So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?

Vendor-Lazarus:

vgbm:
I don't remember much about this game. It's a computer game I played a demo of sometime during the ots but it could've easily been much older. It was some sort of fantasy-themed rpg with an isometric view. You lived in this town and could explore the square-shaped areas outside of it and complete quests and work toward some sort of goal. I think the combat could've been real time, but I'm not completely sure. The main thing about the game (and the reason I wanna find it again) was there were other factions/guilds/houses/whatever they were called in the same town (how many you could choose at the start of the game) and they were able to do the same quests and were working toward the same goal as you. There was a menu that showed your relationship status with the other factions as well as their relationships with each other.

I know that's not much to go by, but any help would be appreciated.

Din's Curse by Soldak.

Sorry. That's definitely A game I've played before (or at least very similar to one), but it's not what I'm thinking of. First, I can't find anything in Din's Curse about the other factions (or houses, guilds, neighbors, etc.) which I'm pretty sure this game revolves around. Also, it mostly took place outdoors, not in a dungeon, and I can't say for sure, but I don't think the game had 3d graphics.

vgbm:

Vendor-Lazarus:

Din's Curse by Soldak.

Sorry. That's definitely A game I've played before (or at least very similar to one), but it's not what I'm thinking of. First, I can't find anything in Din's Curse about the other factions (or houses, guilds, neighbors, etc.) which I'm pretty sure this game revolves around. Also, it mostly took place outdoors, not in a dungeon, and I can't say for sure, but I don't think the game had 3d graphics.

Oh it turns out it was another game by the same company: Depths of Peril. Thanks for the help!

vgbm:

vgbm:

Vendor-Lazarus:

Din's Curse by Soldak.

Oh it turns out it was another game by the same company: Depths of Peril. Thanks for the help!

I just logged on and saw your quote reply. I always get those two mixed up. Very similar in many ways. Same developer.
http://www.soldak.com/Depths-of-Peril/Overview.html
Here a GOG link anyway. ,)
https://www.gog.com/game/depths_of_peril

Hi, I've been searching for years but just can't seem to find this game's name anywhere. it's a 3rd person action game from the late 90s or maybe even early 2000s and all I remember about it is that you could choose beteen three characters, each having his own starting level(I only played the demo so that could have changed in the actual game) One was a big dude with an axe(or at least I think it was an axe) and grey-white skin, the second one was some kind of wizard with his head completely covered in bandages just like a mummy also his level looked like some kind of egyptian ruins and the third one was a lass, can't remember anything specific about her, I think she had a bow.

I have one I've been trying to remember for a long time. I played this game back in 3rd grade back in the early 90s. At my school we only had these old monochrome computers with games like Math Muncher, but I remember on one of the computers I would play this old monochrome fantasy type game. I think there were little hexagon shaped cells (maybe the shape was something else) and I remember I would get attacked by monsters. We didn't have any kind of instruction booklet for it or anything so I just had to figure out the attack key through trial and error. I think it was a letter that made sense once you figured it out (like S for sword, H for hit, or A for attack... something like that) and I think there miiiight have been keys you collected?? i know I am giving very little to go on. I think I remember it having quite a bit of text involved as well. Text would come up letting you know that you had hit the enemy or that you found an item... I really would love to figure out what game this was so I could try it again now. I never made it very far back then. I could be wrong about some of these specifics so if any of you know of ANY old games that are remotely like this (fantasy, monochrome, collecting loot and items, super old even by 1993) Please name it off and I will look it up to see if that was it

Marvel Mills:
I have one I've been trying to remember for a long time. I played this game back in 3rd grade back in the early 90s. At my school we only had these old monochrome computers with games like Math Muncher, but I remember on one of the computers I would play this old monochrome fantasy type game. I think there were little hexagon shaped cells (maybe the shape was something else) and I remember I would get attacked by monsters. We didn't have any kind of instruction booklet for it or anything so I just had to figure out the attack key through trial and error. I think it was a letter that made sense once you figured it out (like S for sword, H for hit, or A for attack... something like that) and I think there miiiight have been keys you collected?? i know I am giving very little to go on. I think I remember it having quite a bit of text involved as well. Text would come up letting you know that you had hit the enemy or that you found an item... I really would love to figure out what game this was so I could try it again now. I never made it very far back then. I could be wrong about some of these specifics so if any of you know of ANY old games that are remotely like this (fantasy, monochrome, collecting loot and items, super old even by 1993) Please name it off and I will look it up to see if that was it

I remember also when you hit the attack button you would see a slow-ish animation of the sword you were holding slicing downward. I feel like I remember these battle scenes being pretty large on the screen

There's this one game that I played where you got to create a character and go around on a balloon and pick where you wanted to go. One of the levels had to do with Willy Wonka. I just can't think of it or find it for the life of me. Anyone know?

I played this game in the late '90s. It was on a floppy disk and a Mac. I think it is what you would call a "point and click" adventure game. I recall it being 8-bit. Characters would talk to you through speech bubbles and you would reply. There was a very small area to explore including a house in which the rooms you could be stuck. I think a dog was stuck in the room with you
(it might have been a pig) and I think the house was white. At some point you would fight a dragon. I think the dragon morphed from one of the other characters. I believe the game was adventure but had an educational component.
Any ideas?
I found the answer successfully in the past but have forgotten.
I can't seem to jog my memories with any names on lists of PC games.
Help!

I remember playing a game on PS2, i dont remember much. It was a cop(detective?) game i guess. There were 2 characters, one was a black guy with afro hair(and orange clothes im not 100% sure about clothes) and i dont remember othe guy. You drive a car and chase the suspect or something like that like i said i cant remember it fully. But it was like chase/cop/detective game

Hi

So there is this very old pc game I used to play probably 12-13 years ago. You had a character and had to shoot some kind of missiles in the air to blow up bubbles, each character had a different way of shooting I think. So basically the bubbles exploded and new smaller bubbles came out of them and you had to destroy them all without getting hit. There were different storylines, some of them with some dark knights or some shit. There was also a dragon at some point which when you killed him showed an (fake) error message in the game. That's about all I can remember haha.

I thought the name of the game was Pando or something but I searched it and nothing pops up so it must have been different.. but something similar to Pando I suppose. Thanks!

Looking for a game that I played on PSOne. Played it when I was around 1 or 2nd grade so around 2000
It's a jrpg. Akin to Dragon Quest/Warrior, at least the battle set up is. It's hazy but I do believe you only see the images of the enemies.

Very early in the game, around 40 minutes, if that. You have to go to this cave near your(?) village because some bandits kidnapped a girl from there.

This is one of the earliest boss fights you have. I also believe he has two minions with him.

I know I lost to him and I have been trying to kick his ass for the last 18 years, if only I could remember where I found him.

Thanks in advance

I remember a game around 2006-2007 in which there is a fat man and there is a eating contest and we have to eat meat and stuff like that and there is also a Kart racing in which we have to drive a kart and we can also throw stones on other competitors.
Its a game of pc and I cant remember its name.
Please help me telling name.

AbrahamK2:
I remember playing a game on PS2, i dont remember much. It was a cop(detective?) game i guess. There were 2 characters, one was a black guy with afro hair(and orange clothes im not 100% sure about clothes) and i dont remember othe guy. You drive a car and chase the suspect or something like that like i said i cant remember it fully. But it was like chase/cop/detective game

Police Chase Down?

Marvel Mills:

Perhaps Beyond Dark Castle (or another game from the Dark Castle series)? Or Blade Warrior? Shadowgate (1987)?

FlumpMC:
Holy crap. This is the exact thing I need.

There's a game I remember playing on my old family PC. I think it was somewhere between Windows 95 and 2000. It was a 2D platformer where you played as a (possibly yellow colored) character with a grappling hook. You had to swing through the level using buildings without being seen or heard by the guards that were patrolling the level. I remember that whenever you landed on the ground, there was a visual shock wave to let you know how far the sound traveled (just like in Mark of the Ninja). You could only be seen a certain number of times per level or you would lose.

I've looked around online but can't find anything. If someone knows what game I'm talking about, it would make my fucking day!

I would've said Tenchu: Stealth Assassins but that's a PS1 game. Maybe Last Ninja 2? Sword of the Samurai?

There's a game from the late 90s or early 2000s that I've been trying to track down for years now.

It was on the PC. Mechanics-wise it was similar to a point&click adventure. You had control over a family of aliens and at various points the narrative would make you change your character (there was a boy with his dog, a girl, the dad, the mum, the grandmother and I think an older brother as well).
I'm not 100% sure of the overall premise, but I think the family were aliens that crash-landed on a planet?

The only other specifics I remember are:
-In the beginning you'd play the boy and his dog, exploring a forest made of gigantic flowers and grass (think: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) searching for - what I think were - spaceship parts.
- Later on you would play as the mum who got invited on an inter-galactic quiz show and you had to win the quiz.
- After that there was a section of gameplay in their home; their grandmother went berserk and you had to find ways to calm her down without her finding you.
- At a later part you would take control of the little girl and explore a medieval-themed castle and its inhabitants.

I know it's not a whole lot to go on, but maybe somebody else has played it? Worth a shot!

Dhruv:
I remember a game around 2006-2007 in which there is a fat man and there is a eating contest and we have to eat meat and stuff like that and there is also a Kart racing in which we have to drive a kart and we can also throw stones on other competitors.

Is the game Asterix and Obelix Mega Madness?

Lindie Turner-Gibb:
Similar to Myst, etc, in terms of puzzles, graphics, and atmosphere.
I played it on the PC. Not sure if 90s or 00s. I don't have much to go on so Googling it and asking around has been a nightmare.
A forest, at night. A bright moon in the sky. Many consecutive left, right, choices, etc. I had them memorised as a kid. Traversing through the maze would, I think, lead to a tower. I know you climb a tower at some point. As in, you scale the side of it. It's first person. You either play no character, or a man.

I'm still here, still searching! I just wish I could even find one other person looking for this game, that they could give me one more detail... I just keep seeing myself clicking through loads of scenes like this! https://imgur.com/a/Ii2vICj

OK, here is my game I so want to find. Way back in the late 80's I got a game for my Mac Plus. it was a space explorer, where you would go find planets, land and explore to find trade goods. Then go to cities to trade with the aliens. There was huge star map, with some hidden worlds in star clouds, black holes, and some alien races that were hostile. I remember playing it, but never finishing it. Thanks!

Calirae:
There's a game from the late 90s or early 2000s that I've been trying to track down for years now.

It was on the PC. Mechanics-wise it was similar to a point&click adventure. You had control over a family of aliens and at various points the narrative would make you change your character (there was a boy with his dog, a girl, the dad, the mum, the grandmother and I think an older brother as well).
I'm not 100% sure of the overall premise, but I think the family were aliens that crash-landed on a planet?

The only other specifics I remember are:
-In the beginning you'd play the boy and his dog, exploring a forest made of gigantic flowers and grass (think: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) searching for - what I think were - spaceship parts.
- Later on you would play as the mum who got invited on an inter-galactic quiz show and you had to win the quiz.
- After that there was a section of gameplay in their home; their grandmother went berserk and you had to find ways to calm her down without her finding you.
- At a later part you would take control of the little girl and explore a medieval-themed castle and its inhabitants.

I know it's not a whole lot to go on, but maybe somebody else has played it? Worth a shot!

The game is called "Down in the Dumps" (1996).

Sillyweasel:

Dhruv:

Is the game Asterix and Obelix Mega Madness?

No?

Pixelhunter:

Calirae:
snip

The game is called "Down in the Dumps" (1996).

Holy poop, thank you so much!

Hello Everyone

I'm looking for the name of an old video game that I played as a kid
I do not know on which console it was

this is a game where you pilot a kind of orange spaceship in the shape of an egg
and we must recover precious stones and pieces of ship more or less heavy.

can anyone help me?

thank you :)

Game from early 2000s, which was top-down, showing a lawn, in the middle a pile of fish you had to protect from cats coming off-screen by clicking on them. At some point there was a dog in a dog house which helped you to scare the cats when clicked. The cats tried to steal fish from the pile and bring them off-screen with them, but when you clicked a cat it ran away and dropped the fish. Also trees you could click to shake them to drop something, coins maybe. You had to keep one fish on screen until a timer runs out to win a level, in later level there were several piles of fish. It was a childrens game probably. Anyone remember this? :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 . . . 922 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here