Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 . . . 923 NEXT

Kirishiro-chan:
There was this one game I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet. I remember playing it at my cousin's house back in the 90s. It was a game where you use this white glove to select things, I remember there being a flashlight you had to pick up with the glove and use. I remember there being stars on the walls, It was a point and click type of game that was either on SNES or Genesis. I always thought it looked like Sonic's hand, no idea why.

There was also this other game, it was a NBA game or some type of Basketball game, it was 3d, and I remember that every time you press pause and unpause there would be these things floating around everywhere (like little round ovals, or spheres with words in them). Not sure what system it was on. But it was a game from the 90s as well that I also played at my cousin's house around the same time I played the other game.

The third game is of some Adventure type game that was on N64. I think it might be Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie but I'm not sure. I remember one character in particular wore headphones and had long hair and glasses or shades on, and he would be doing the moonwalk back and forth, I believe it was either a quest giver or shop keeper or something.

And lastly, I remember playing this game back in 2005. It was a space mining type of game, with different shaped ores you mine for. They were different colors and shapes and you had to defend your base and stuff like that. It was semi-3d, and it took place on a rocky type of planet with a base and everything. The game came pre-installed on a Gateway PC.

I'm still looking for these games. Anyone here know? Sorry, I know it's been years but I really need to know! I already know the third game it was a Goemon game.

i played a game where theres a rat or a hamster fighting with alien guns to escape please help

Renan Alencar:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.

Could this be Recreational Warfare?

there was this old game i used to play on this emulator full of genesis games i believe.

The game started you playing with a small herbivore dinosaur and there were these strange alien dino versions of em.

you started off with both an herbivore and a carnivore. The herbivores would eat the grass and make you win points (that worked like mana of some sort on wich you could make it rain on where you chose or make fires)

after a few lvls you would get a new dinosaur like an egg eating one a pterosaurus and a few others. The enemy alien things would also get the same ones you got. like the egg one would get a ninja guy that would eat the eggs with rice lool

you would spawn these dinosaurs with a weird kind of looking egg incubator that would shoot off the eggs around it. you would also need said "mana" to produce dinosaurs.

If it helps of any ways:

Stegossaurus was green?
T-rex was purple
pterodacty was purple
egg eating one was green
triceratops i believe was also purple
and the allossaurus was red.

I played a game when I was a kid and cant remember the name.
It was a 2d beat em up.
Started with you choosing between 3 male characters. And you can choose the level to start from. You could also choose to play as the level boss once you defeat them. I remember few of those bosses. One of them was a female character with a whip, one was a character similar to E. Honda, one was an Indian Chief.

cristyro:

Renan Alencar:
Hello, i played this game long loooong time ago and have no idea of the name's game, for pc, the camera looks like the old GTA games, and you can pick over a tank, a jeep or a hovercraft, there's no campaing is just select the map (or create one) and start killing the others.

Red Alert A Path Beyond?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5SK_4PrMI
If not, then maybe C&C:Tiberian Sun - Reborn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te9rd6W9fQA
Or Command & Conquer:Renegade?

Nope, the game is on 2d =(

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:
It was a 2d beat em up.
Started with you choosing between 3 male characters. And you can choose the level to start from. You could also choose to play as the level boss once you defeat them. I remember few of those bosses. One of them was a female character with a whip, one was a character similar to E. Honda, one was an Indian Chief.

Do you remember what console it was on, or around what time period you played it?

KaiYLowell:

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:
It was a 2d beat em up.

Do you remember what console it was on, or around what time period you played it?

It was on an arcade cabinet. Played back in 93ish

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:

KaiYLowell:

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:
It was a 2d beat em up.

Okay, here's some options.

Big Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/big-fight
Final Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/final-fight
The Combatribes: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/combatribes

Any of these it, maybe?

This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

I have been trying to remember this game for quite some time.I used to play it in 2007 ,I am not certain about it being new back then since I was a kid .I can give you the following pointers.
-The logo was a Z in a circle and its color was orange.
-It was a building game set in an almost medieval time.
-You were a man trying to complete a village with certain attributes.
-You had a guide that was an old man with a silver/white beard and a cloak.
-The scenery was changing every some villages and every new scenery had a different host/character.(There were fields,snowy mountains,deserts,beaches etc.)
-There were no playable characters in the game.The host was just chatting with you.
-At the bottom of the screen there was a bar with all the available buildings if any.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I remember an old game that looked like a PS1 era game (I played it on PC). It was in 3D, it was colorful, the levels reminded me of a board game, I don't remember much, but you controlled something that looked like a fish, I think, but it was hovering and certainly wasn't a fish. The view was from the third person perspective. You could move and use weapons, I think? The level was just that big, open board-game like stage and I have no idea what the goal was.

KaiYLowell:

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:

KaiYLowell:

Okay, here's some options.

Big Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/big-fight
Final Fight: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/final-fight
The Combatribes: http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcade/combatribes

Any of these it, maybe?

Thanks it was Big Fight

Hi guys, I really need your help to find this game:

It's a 3D game I used to play it on Windows 98 or ME, I think It's between 93-96 cause I got it once in a CD with Virtua Cop - Virtua Figther 2 - The House of the Dead - Bubble Bobble 2 and many other cool games.

There are 4 Colored fish to select and many areas like amusement park or ghost town, It starts with a huge square grid, We are standing on one side of a square, Initially, the sides are in black colour, we can highlight it (the color will be specified with the player's color ) by moving around the four sides of a square, we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares, there are also some tools along the pathway, like making others square disappear, they have to make all over again, and there are some monsters, they move all over the square grid, they are blocking the players way and there are also weapons we can use. This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome, and the graphics and everything in the game is nice as I can remember.

plz help me get its name, much thanks

Abdul Muttaleb Maruf:

Thanks it was Big Fight

Good to know! You're welcome. :)

abodyalabody:
Hi guys, I really need your help to find this game:

It's a 3D game I used to play it on Windows 98 or ME, I think It's between 93-96 cause I got it once in a CD with Virtua Cop - Virtua Figther 2 - The House of the Dead - Bubble Bobble 2 and many other cool games.

There are 4 Colored fish to select and many areas like amusement park or ghost town, It starts with a huge square grid, We are standing on one side of a square, Initially, the sides are in black colour, we can highlight it (the color will be specified with the player's color ) by moving around the four sides of a square, we can obtain scores by highlight more and more squares, there are also some tools along the pathway, like making others square disappear, they have to make all over again, and there are some monsters, they move all over the square grid, they are blocking the players way and there are also weapons we can use. This game can be multi-played ... which is very awesome, and the graphics and everything in the game is nice as I can remember.

plz help me get its name, much thanks

Woah, this sounds very similar to what I'm looking for, and I only posted yesterday. Is the camera placed behing the Fish? And it's 3D, right?

Hey guys! I?ve been trying to find this game from my childhood for quite some time now.
It was one of those old arcade big pixeled atari like game. You were some secret agent/spy/thief. Kind of old school 50's, trench coat, a hat... at least that?s how I remmember it.
I'm not sure how the character got into the building, but he had to get throught the place collecting different items, a couple of them mandatory like the safe code and the safe itself, others optional like a shoe to walk faster or and umbrella to jump from the roof and scape on a car waiting for you downstairs.
The setting was like... It was almost like that Elevator Action but with a twist. There was a different playable stage in every door were you would find those objects. There were the bad guys chasing you up and down, but I don't remmember much shooting but dodging those bastards.

man its hard to remember but here i go the game i trying to remember had a fighting system similar to ff7 where you had to wait for your bar to fill up and i remember you start off as a kid who slightly later obtains a robot or mech not sure and also i can remember you can replace the weapon/armour/ i think power also and also i remember you move in a grid

WareWolffTen31:
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?

even though it's been a while since i originally asked, i'm still trying to find what this was in case it got burried in others (i know a lot of posts are on here)

I'm looking for an old game for around the Windows 95/98 era. It was an educational game with a bunch of different minigames in it. One of them was Hangman except it was a monster in a box who breaks out piece by piece when you get letters wrong. Another minigame was a word search, where I believe the letters were in a cereal bowl and a cockroach would speak to you and make comments. The last minigame I remember is there's an old school movie projector and you guess the name of whatever the subject is, and I remember one of the answers being "Sonic the Hedgehog". Thanks in advance!

WareWolffTen31:

WareWolffTen31:
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?

even though it's been a while since i originally asked, i'm still trying to find what this was in case it got burried in others (i know a lot of posts are on here)

Except for the top down view, I'd want to say it's a Super Solvers game. Are you sure it was top down?

musictherapy:

Renan Alencar:

Could this be Recreational Warfare?

OMG Venus-chan you just found it! Thank you!

okay so my game I played around early to mid 2000's or and it was a PC game on a CD and came with a plastic add on for the keyboard that was white with 4 circular buttons on the top half of the surface and one big green rectangle on the bottom half. this game was based on some kind of an Island with many minigames, one of which a monkey was trying to get to a banana and had to take one of 3 or so tangled paths with one of them leading to the banana. for some reason this game is highly associated to me and my sister with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAtL7n_-rc which i believe to be the music for one of the minigames. Any help is greatly appreciated because this honestly is killing me!

Panagioths Vlachakis:
I have been trying to remember this game for quite some time.I used to play it in 2007 ,I am not certain about it being new back then since I was a kid .I can give you the following pointers.
-The logo was a Z in a circle and its color was orange.
-It was a building game set in an almost medieval time.
-You were a man trying to complete a village with certain attributes.
-You had a guide that was an old man with a silver/white beard and a cloak.
-The scenery was changing every some villages and every new scenery had a different host/character.(There were fields,snowy mountains,deserts,beaches etc.)
-There were no playable characters in the game.The host was just chatting with you.
-At the bottom of the screen there was a bar with all the available buildings if any.

Thanks a lot in advance.

It sounds a bit like Stronghold or Stronghold Crusader. In both of these games, you have an advisor who communicates to you the current status of your castle and if more resources are needed.

Hello. So I remembered a game I used to play when I was much younger. This game is in space I guess and at the begining of the game you choose between a red or blue champion, one has sth like a lightsaber. This is a platforme game, and at the end of the level you had to fight with a big robot boss who flies and you can see only his foot when you shoot him. On other level you are on some trains and you have to jump from one to another. This is all I remember about this game.

I remember playing a game, I think it was rpg, the view of the game was from above and far. I think I had 4 characters, I remember an archer and a wizard. It was a giant territory and had several separations with monsters inside, the only monster I remember were the spiders and had to kill them
I had to get close to the gate for him to open and then the monsters in this cell would come out.
I think I played it on Windows 97 and I think it was a multiplayer game.
Sorry, my english is not my mother tongue

Help me, I can not find this game on google

the game had a medieval atmosphere

Do you remember any characters or storylines?

Excuse me. Actually, I think it was not RPG

I don't remember. I don't think it has a storyline

The only one that still eludes me was a game I played as a kid (so sometime in the 90s) on a friend's home console. I forget what console but I think it was pre-PS1/N64. It had you in a jet, fighting a team of four other jets. I think it was 1st person but might have been 3rd. It had a looping music track that seemed to go for only about 5 seconds before looping again. I think the cover art for the game featured the black jet roaring at the camera, covering one corner of the box art.

Danilo Borin:
I remember playing a game, I think it was rpg, the view of the game was from above and far. I think I had 4 characters, I remember an archer and a wizard. It was a giant territory and had several separations with monsters inside, the only monster I remember were the spiders and had to kill them
I had to get close to the gate for him to open and then the monsters in this cell would come out.
I think I played it on Windows 97 and I think it was a multiplayer game.
Sorry, my english is not my mother tongue

Help me, I can not find this game on google

My guess would be Get Medieval.

Ners:

Ners:

Ners:
[quote="Ners" post="9.166417.24235814"][quote="Ners" post="9.166417.24233315"]So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?

BUMP!
In case someone knows.

BUMPing

I posted this one a while back but didn't have any luck so I will try again.
Looking for a dinosaur hunting PC game in the late 90's- early 00's.
I remember specifically a bow which shot explosive arrows. I know there were saber tooth tigers and Trexs for sure. There was a desert level.
P.S. : Its not Turok and its not Carnivores.
Thanks in advance.

is this thread still active?
i can't remember the name of this ps2 game, i played years ago on my brother's ps2 only a bit years ago but it cought my interest until now
you play as what seems to be a overweight middle-aged man, it started inside a hijacked airplane and you have to KO the hijackers by throwing forks at them, there is a scene where you open the toilet and you find a couple having their "fun time" inside, and after you landed you can free roam on a city and even you can enter a nightclub to watch a strip dancer
the gameplay is kind of freeroam and the graphic is 3d, seems to be similar to "sweet larry ps2" and you seems to be able to talk to the npc's
i hope there is someone on this thread who know the game :) thank you very much for reading guys :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 . . . 923 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here