Activision and GameStop have teamed up to let would-be DJ superstars (in the US) get their hands on DJ Hero three weeks in advance this Sunday, October 11th.
Thinking about DJ Hero but not willing to commit without playing the damn thing first? Head to your local GameStop this Sunday (October 11), because there’ll be a demo awaiting your hardcore mix-master skillz. This isn’t “at select locations,” either – this demo is reportedly going to be at every single GameStop location in the United States.
Of course, the opportunity to rock your stuff at “50 Cent – ‘Disco Inferno’ vs. David Bowie – ‘Let’s Dance'” a full three weeks early isn’t the only reason to go check the game out: Activision has a few prizes up for grabs, including copies of the game (of course), Xbox 360s, and a trip to New Orleans to meet the Real Slim Shady, Eminem, and watch the guy perform.
The full prize details:
Grand Prize (1 Winner)
* VIP trip for you and a friend to EMINEM’s concert at the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans on October 30, 2009
* Exclusive invitation to EMINEM’s sound check
* VIP meet and greet with EMINEM
* 2 Xbox 360 DJ Hero Renegade Editions signed by EMINEM
* 2 Xbox 360 consoles
* 2 Xbox LIVE Messenger Gold Packs
* 2 DJ Hero exclusive prize packs
1st Runner Up (10 Winners)
* Xbox 360 DJ Hero Renegade Edition signed by EMINEM
* Xbox 360 console
* Xbox LIVE Messenger Gold Pack
2nd Runner Up (1,000 Winners)
* DJ Hero exclusive prize pack including: DJ Hero hat, keychain, pen and sticker
It may not have the same thrill as standing onstage rocking the plastic guitar like you’re Zakk frikkin’ Wylde, but pretending to be the guys from Daft Punk is almost as good. You’ll have to supply your own robot helmet, though – those aren’t included.