Max Payne 3 has once again been delayed, but this time Take-Two isn't providing a new release date.
It's been over seven years since Max Payne 2 thrilled gamers, and (to the surprise of absolutely no one) it turns out it's going to be at least another year before Max Payne 3 comes out. Take-Two Interactive has released a 2011 calendar to the public and the game is nowhere to be seen. Here's what the publisher's launch schedule looks like for next year:
• L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
• Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
• Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
• Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011
• Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
• XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
• BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012
As you can see, Max Payne is suspiciously absent. This flies in the face of both its initial Winter 2009 release date, as well as news back in June that the game had been delayed until 2011.
Eurogamer spoke to a representative from Take-Two, who stated that the publisher had no other news about the game at this point. Not only that, but no new release date has been confirmed. I guess the good news is that, while the game's release date is now pretty nebulous, it hasn't been canceled yet.