Good news for everyone that's been excited about things like TMZ and MUZU.TV coming to Xbox Live: The wait is now over.
Even though it took a little longer than Microsoft originally thought it would, the big update for the Xbox Dashboard finally rolled out last week. One of the big selling points that Microsoft's been promoting has been the number of Kinect-enabled apps that are being released. Some of the apps - like Netflix - were available at the time of launch, but there are a lot more that are rolling out over the next few months. However, a brand new batch has just been released on Xbox Live in a number of regions.
Basically, this new set of apps is helping expand the type of media content on Xbox Live, including movies, television, sports, and music. Here's the full list of the new apps:
• blinkbox (Blinkbox). United Kingdom
• iHeartRadio (Clear Channel). United States
• MSN Video. Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom
• MSNBC.com. United States
• MUZU.TV. Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
• Rogers On Demand (Rogers Media). Canada
• SBS ON DEMAND. Australia
• TMZ (Warner Bros.). Canada, United States
• RTVE (RTVE.es). Spain
• Verizon FiOS TV. United States
• YouTube. Available in 24 countries globally**
*Xbox LIVE Gold membership and/or additional subscriptions/fees may be required. Kinect functionality available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature and country. For additional details and availability, see http://www.xbox.com/live.
** YouTube available in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany , Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, South Africa.
The apps should be available now, so long as you're in one of the territories listed above. Microsoft is promising more updates in the near future.