Lucian is a highly mobile ranged carry who "obliterates evil with righteous power."
The latest addition to the increasingly beefy League of Legends roster will be a new ranged carry: Lucian, the Purifier. Lucian has a very Christian Bale from Equilibrium vibe going on, and excels at pummeling opponents with quick shots, relentless dashes and a barrage of light-infused bullets. He's currently being prepped to be released with the next League of Legends patch, along with a rework of everyone's favorite spider-eyed samurai: Master Yi.
Lucian's abilities are as follows:
- Lightslinger (passive) - After using one of his abilities, Lucian's next auto attack shoots twice. The second shot deals reduced damage.
- Piercing Light - Shoots a bolt of light through a target, damaging enemies in a line.
- Ardent Blaze - Fires a shot that explodes in a star pattern and marks targets. Shooting marked targets grants Lucian a short burst of speed.
- Relentless Pursuit - Lucian dashes a short distance and removes all slowing effects. Relentless Pursuit's cooldown resets if The Culling kills an enemy champion.
- The Culling (Ultimate) - Lucian moves freely while firing rapidly in a single direction, dealing damage to the first enemy hit. Lucian can cast Relentless Pursuit while shooting.
A highly-mobile ranged damage dealer, Lucian punishes enemies for straying too close. Once teamfights break out, Relentless Pursuit enables him to quickly escape unfavorable situations and kite pursuing opponents, or skirt around the enemy team to single out priority targets.
This news accompanies the release of patch 3.9, which while not containing Lucian, does offer some considerable tweaks to Draven, LeBlanc and Shyvana.
Source: League of Legends