Lady Gaga's favorite digital pop star Hatsune Miku will open a part of the Artpop tour.
Hatsune Miku is surprisingly well known for a singer who's all digital. Artist Lady Gaga surprised fans when she announced the opener for a month of shows in her Artpop Tour. Hatsune Miku will be the opener from May 6 to June 3.
Hatsune Miku is a Vocaloid - and the most popular of the bunch - with several rhythm games featuring her, such as the Project Diva series. She is one of the specific voice banks as a part of singing voice synthesizer. Users can use the software to create songs by inputting the lyrics and melody.
This won't be the first time Hatsune Miku has performed concerts - even in the U.S - but it is unprecedented for her to be the opening act to an artist well recognized as Lady Gaga.
The following shows in which the virtual pop star will perform include:
- May 6 Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
- May 8 Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center
- May 10 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
- May 12 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
- May 13 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- May 15 Washington DC @ Verizon Center
- May 17 Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
- May 18 Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
- May 20 St. Paul, MN @ XCEL Energy Center
- May 22 Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
- May 25 Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
- May 26 Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
- May 28 Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
- May 30 Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
- Jun 2 San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
- Jun 3 San Jose, CA @ SAP Center at San Jose
Lady Gaga also invited the K-Pop group Crayon Pop to open at her Artpop tour from June 26 to July 22.
Source: Lady Gaga (Twitter)