Major reworks to Demon Hunter, Monk, and Barbarian endgame sets are also a focus of Diablo III's 2.1.2 patch.
Remember last year's Blizzcon, where Blizzard promised Diablo fans some juicy new changes for it's endless loot-farming dungeon crawler, Diablo III? Well, good news! A lot of the stuff we fawned over at Blizzcon has just been released in the 2.1.2 patch!
You can check out the full patch notes here, but for a quick TL;DR summary of the most important points, patch 2.1.2 consists of:
- Various changes to classes, including reworks of Demon Hunter, Monk, and Barbarian endgame sets
- Three new legendary gems and three new legendary items
- A rework of multiple "old" legendary items, with many getting a new "legendary power"
- Four new types of treasure goblin that each drop specific kinds of loot (IE: the "Gem Hoarder" goblin who only drops gems)
- The introduction of a new tier of item: "Ancient Legendary". These items are the same as their Legendary counterparts, but roll with a higher stat range
Other, more minor changes include a nerf/buff to the various pylons found in greater rifts (bye bye god-mode conduit pylon), and some nerfs to some of the game's most annoying monsters.
For those of you wondering where Season 2 is, Blizzard announced that while all the Season 2 data has been included in this patch, it won't actually kick off until some time in February, which means you still have time to race your Season 1 character to level 70, for those exclusive transmog rewards.
It's nothing too major or amazing, but it's a nice patch full of content players have been asking for for a while. Enjoy!