The newest iOS update is out, and while some changes are significant, the one getting the most attention is being able to visually flip people off.
iOS 9 has had its share of problems since launch in September, and today, it has released it's third update in the last month. While many will be thrilled with the critical fixes, most may just be downloading it because they can now emoji "the bird" to someone that makes them mad.
Yep, among the myriad changes to the iOS in the new 9.1 update, more than 150 new emojis make their debut, including the middle finger in various skin colors, daytime camping, travel variations and a champagne glass. One guess as to which one may get the most use. But since we won't dwell on the vulgar, here is the list of fixes in the latest iOS:
- Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
- Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
- Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search
- Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
- Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
- Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users
- Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
- Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
- Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
- Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message
- Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store
That's a pretty big list, in contrast to the previous 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates. In addition, iOS 9.1 will be needed for the new Apple TV.
And while many are rejoicing over the technical leaps as well as the crass ones, there are still a few who may be unhappy. There is still no beard emoji.