As of September 30, 2016, you'll no longer be able to play the mobile versions of Disney Infinity in any way.
One of the more surprising moves to come out of Disney this year was the cancellation of its entire Disney Infinity line, especially when you consider that its big 3.0 update is just over a year old. The company has now outlined its shutdown plans for existing Infinity services, and it's pretty grim.
Here's the lowdown:
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued[/li]
While this is certainly pretty shitty news for anyone with a substantial investment in the game, it's unfortunately the very nature of online games these days.