There's a new beta patch for the PC version of Dishonored 2 that aims to address a long list of issues.
There's a second beta patch available for Dishonored 2 on Steam, and it aims to improve the experience for PC gamers. The first patch focused on three specific issues, but this one comes with a long list of changes.
Highlights from that list include some areas that have been of concern, including fixes for alt-tab bugs, multiple monitor fixes, UI changes, performance tweaks, and more. Here's the highlights of what's included:
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Auto-detection of the Visual settings was re-worked based on player feedback and observed issues. If still experiencing issues after updating drivers and downloading patch 1.2, advise using the "Restore Settings" option to apply the recommended settings for your hardware.
- Max pre-rendered frames is now managed by the game, advise removing any previous manual customizations in graphics driver control panel
- Fixes multiple related to game logic
- Fixed various issues related to user interface
- Fixed various issues related to mouse/KB and gamepad, including:
- Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
- Fixed various issues related to using alt-tab related bugs
- Fixed various issues related to multiple monitors:
- Fixed a bug where Resolution Scaling was deactivated when the game ran above 30 FPS
- Changed the Resolution Scaling settings to be more clear
- Added new settings in the Options menu:
- Added a Framerate Limiter so the player can limit framerate fluctuation when playing without V-sync
- Added TAA Sharpness option
- Added more options to V-Sync settings. NOTE: If you previously disabled V-sync, please check your FPS limiter setting to ensure it is set to your desired limit.
- Added Triple Buffering option
You can find the full list of changes and updates, as well as the instructions for how to opt in to get the beta patch, in this post on the Dishonored 2 Steam Community page. As is the case with any beta patch, there's always a chance it could cause issues for you, so proceed at your own risk.
Arkane has been working to improve on the PC performance of Dishonored 2 ever since the game launched, and this patch is their latest effort. If you try this patch out, jump in the forums and let us know how it affects your performance.