Faces of the GamesIndustry, a photograph gallery of gaming's influential members, debuts at the London Game Festival 2007.
Game website network Eurogamer has announced Faces of the GamesIndustry, a photographic event in association with One Big Game, Lincoln Beasley PR and the London Games Career Fair. The Faces of the GamesIndustry award is comprised of 10 people that influenced events in the gaming world that year. While the line-up for the inaugural exhibition is the personal pick of photographer and Eurogamer Network publisher Patrick Garratt, voting for the 2008 show will be opened to voters at the fair.
The convention will run during the London Games Career Fair, part of London Game Festival 2007, at Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 23 and Wednesday, October 24.
The first Faces of the GamesIndustry for 2007 are:
- Gabe Newell: Managing Director, Valve Corporation
- Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder
- Peter Moore: President, EA Sports
- Tom Bramwell: Deputy Editor, Eurogamer.net
- Kaz Hirai: President, Sony Computer Entertainment
- Mark Rein: President, Epic Games
- Ellie Gibson: Content Editor, Eurogamer Network
- Phil Harrison: Executive Vice President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Hideo Kojima: President, Kojima Productions
- Paulina Bozek: Game Director, Singstar, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Eurogamer Network Publisher Patrick Garratt said, "It's great to get Faces of the GamesIndustry off the ground. Eurogamer Network will be looking to extend the brand in 2008 by opening voting to the trade through GamesIndustry.biz, and it's exciting to be involved in the project as both a photographer and publisher."