The final track set for Harmonix's Rock Band has been revealed.
Harmonix, MTV Games and publisher Electronic Arts have announced the final 58-song soundtrack for its much-hyped multiplayer music title Rock Band.
Paul DeGooyer, MTV's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment, Music and Games, said, "Our goal with Rock Band was to give players the chance to experience an amazing cross section of music from the last four decades, and our final list of tracks includes everything from emerging bands to iconic artists. The overwhelmingly positive response from artists, music publishers and record labels made the final selection process challenging, but extremely exciting. As a result, 51 out of 58 of the final selections are based on original masters, giving fans an unprecedented way to get closer to the music they love."
Harmonix audio lead Eric Brosius added, "Now that the disc track list is locked and Rock Band is being prepped for manufacture, we are working with our music partners to set an exciting download schedule, both for launch and beyond. Through DLC, players will have the ability to take a deeper dive into the music of the artists featured on the Rock Band disc, or further explore different genres of rock or additional bands if they choose."
In addition to the 45 tracks listed below, Rock Band will also feature 13 songs from both established and up-and-coming independent artists that can be unlocked as you play through the game.
- Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter"
- Aerosmith - "Train Kept a Rollin'"*
- The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
- Boston - "Foreplay/Long Time"
- Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"*
- The Police - "Next to You"
- David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
- Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"*
- Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
- The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop"
- Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
- KISS - "Detroit Rock City"
- Molly Hatchet - "Flirtin' With Disaster"
- The Outlaws - "Green Grass & High Tides"*
- Sweet - "Ballroom Blitz"*
- Rush - "Tom Sawyer"*
- Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
- The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- Faith No More - "Epic"
- R.E.M. - "Orange Crush"
- Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills"*
- Foo Fighters - "Learn to Fly"
- Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
- Nirvana - "In Bloom"
- Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
- Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
- Radiohead - "Creep"
- Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
- Hole - "Celebrity Skin"
- Garbage - "I Think I'm Paranoid"
- Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun"
- The Hives - "Main Offender"
- Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"
- The Strokes - "Reptilia"
- Jet - "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"
- OK Go - "Here It Goes Again"
- Nine Inch Nails - "The Hand That Feeds"
- Pixies - "Wave of Mutilation"
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Dani California"
- Coheed & Cambria - "Welcome Home"
- Fallout Boy - "Dead on Arrival"
- The Killers - "When You Were Young"
- New Pornographers - "Electric Version"
* Marks a cover song. All others are master recordings.