WiiWare, Nintendo's online digital distribution service, is launching in the U.S. today.
Six titles will be available at launch and a new one will be added every Mondays. The service comes long after Sony and Microsoft established their own online storefronts, although Nintendo has also maintained its Virtual Console.
WiiWare gamers can review the games they have purchased after an hour of playing and will be viewable by other potential buyers.
The Japanese launch occurred on March 25 and will follow in Europe on May 20.
The launch titles are:
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Square Enix, 1,500 Wii Points)
- LostWinds (Frontier Developments, 1,000 Wii Points)
- Defend your Castle (XGen Studios, 500 Wii Points)
- Pop (Nnooo, 1-4 players, 700 Wii Points)
- V.I.P. Casino: Blackjack (High Voltage Software, Inc., 700 Wii Points)
- TV Show King (Gameloft, 1,000 Wii Points)