The July issue of GamePro has a few new details to offer about Halo Wars' gameplay style and new vehicles.
With only one resource, "supplies", to be gathered in the real-time strategy installment of the Halo franchise, gameplay will be kept fast and action-oriented. Bungie promises that players will be in combat "within ten seconds" of starting a game.
The locales are varied between human and alien worlds. Halo rings will not be featured in the story, but are likely to host multiplayer matches.
Online play will support up to six players, while two players can work cooperatively through the campaign.
A number of units for both the UNSC (humans) and Covenant sides were confirmed:
- Flamethrower Marines
- Warthogs- Carry infantry units, can have upgraded
- Cobras- Anti-vehicle*
- Wolverines- Anti-aircraft*
- Cyclops- Giant robot*
- Vultures- Large, unidentified vehicle*
- Spartans- Powerful infantry units that must be "earned"
Partial Covenant Forces
* denotes vehicles never shown in previous Halo titles