An episode of X-Play has unexpectedly shown nine previously unknown songs for Harmonix's upcoming Rock Band 2.
A couple of days after Rock Band 2 was announced by Harmonix, G4's X-Play featured a short segment showing the game's song selector, which spilled nine new songs.
The music choosing screen allows for song sorting based on various categories and difficulty levels. It appears that downloadable content, which is compatible with both the original and upcoming Rock Bad release, will be listed along with the included songs and is denoted with an arrow next to the track title.
The nine songs shown on X-Play were:
- Dream Theater or Finger Eleven - "Panic Attack"
- System of a Down - "Chop Suey"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
- Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
- Kim Wilde - "Kids in America"
- Motörhead - "Ace of Spades"
- Cheap Trick - "Hello There"
- Journey - "Any Way You Want It"
- The Who - "Pinball Wizard"
Expect more of the potentially 300-song long playlist before Rock Band 2's release this September on the Xbox 360 and other systems later this year.