"Fallout 3 has been the biggest project we've ever undertaken," said game director Todd Howard. "It's been a long journey and we're really happy with how it turned out. We can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it."
The Fallout 3 FAQ has also been updated with the confirmed minimum and recommended system specs for the game, which are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista
- 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
- 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Recommended System Requirements:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB System RAM
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)
A full list of supported video card chipsets is also available at the FAQ.
Rated M (Mature) by the ESRB, Fallout 3 is set for release in North America on October 28, followed by Europe and Australia on October 30 and the U.K. on October 31, for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.