Electronic Arts is calling Mass Effect 2 the first blockbuster of 2010, based on its 40 perfect review scores and 2 million units sold.
To say that Mass Effect 2 was a highly anticipated game is an understatement. So far, it has lived up to the hype and Electronic Arts is cashing on its success by listing everything the game accomplished in its first week of release. Here's the investor bullet points:
- 2 million units sold
- 40 perfect scores from gaming publications
- Over 30 editor's choice awards
- Metacritic score of 96, tied for second highest on the Xbox 360
- Cover of 45 magazines worldwide
- Top ten trending topic on Twitter on launch day
All this and MSNBC is quoted as saying that, "Mass Effect will go down as one of the most influential video game series of all-time."
That's it, game designers. Hang up your mouse. You will never make a more perfect game than Mass Effect 2.