1. Does Mythic have any plans to introduce Jewelry, Ring and Bracelet crafting to Dark Age of Camelot in the near future?
Not in the near future, but it is planned at some point after Catacombs.
2. What are your thoughts and feelings on how the game has progressed from day one until now.
Wow, that’s a big question! The game has obviously grown to a much larger extent than any of us foresaw when we were developing it back in 2000 and 2001. It has become a very large, very passionate community of gamers, and for that we are very proud. We’ve added a lot of content and other features to the game since launch – probably more than twice the amount of work than went into the game pre-launch. So, suffice it to say that we are very happy with having such a large, growing, and stable game.
3. With the new expansion release of Trials of Atlantis and New Frontiers, what impact do you feel this has had on the community along with the grouping aspect of the game.
With Trials of Atlantis we introduced some major encounters that require many players to overcome. Since the launch of that expansion, we’ve tuned down many of the requirements for those encounters to bring them more in line with what players expect in Camelot. New Frontiers, our RvR Expansion, doesn’t really change the grouping dynamic at all. Both expansions show our commitment to keeping Camelot in the forefront of MMORPGs.
4. Does Mythic have any future plans to bring new features and enhancements to the game?
Yes, absolutely. Just today we launched version 1.71 which is arguable one of the biggest non-expansion patches we’ve ever had. It streamlines the leveling system by making it easier to gain levels – and also starts to smooth out problems caused by one Realm being more populated than the others. Also, we’re hard at work right now on our next retail expansion, Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs, which contains a revamp of all the player models, as well as some monster models, new content, and a whole bunch of new dungeons, including instanced content.
5. Could be get some information <grins> on what “Imperator” will be based on. Example: Type of MMORPG, Gameplay lore, some player features and abilities.
Funny you asked! We just launched a new official Imperator website: www.imperatoronline.com. In basic terms, Imperator is an MMOPRG based in a world where the Roman Republic never fell, and has progressed to space-traveling and colonizing technological levels.
6. With your new development of “Imperator”, how do you feel this will impact your current Dark Age of Camelot customers?
One of our main goals in Imperator is to make it so it doesn’t compete – in terms of features – with Dark Age of Camelot. We’re still working on the dynamics of many of the core systems, but we think most people will be happy with the results.
7. Does Mythic have any current plans or future plans to produce different spells or abilities to Dark Age of Camelot?
Yes, of course. Catacombs will feature five new character classes, each with new spells and abilities.
8. Will “Imperator” have a realm vs realm, player vs player or player vs environment like Dark Age of Camelot does now?
Imperator is a player vs. environment game, so it won’t be like Dark Age of Camelot in that sense.
9. Will “Imperator” have a beta release for testing and if so, when roughly will this become available?
Yes, we are planning on having a full public beta for Imperator, but we’re not yet sure when that will start.
10. Will there be any plans to expand housing on the more populated servers?
We currently expanded the housing zones, and I think we’re now ok as far as having housing space on even the most populated servers.
11. When is the expected timeframe for “Imperator” to be released?