Microsoft announced four new IP and Xbox One backwards compatibility.
Microsoft had a strong showing at their E3 briefing event this year. Four new IP were announced exclusively for Xbox One and PC, including a new title from Rare, a multiplayer pirate adventure called Sea of Thieves. Keiji Inafune will be working with Microsoft Game Studios on sci-fi title ReCore. Rounding out the group are Ion, a space MMO from the creator of DayZ and a free-to-play team shooter, Gigantic. And in terms of first-party sequels, we got our first look at Gears of War 4 and a bit of hype for Halo 5 Guardians.
We also learned a release date for Rise of the Tomb Raider, while getting an idea when we might get our hands on Dark Souls 3. An exclusive beta for The Division was announced for the end of the year, and we were shown a whole new Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
Here’s a quick list of the most important stuff out of the show:
- New Halo 5: Guardians Details, Trailers Revealed
- Microsoft Adds Backwards Compatibility to Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 Coming to Xbox One For Holiday 2016
- Rare Announces Xbox One Exclusive Sea of Thieves
- Microsoft Reveals DayZ Creator’s Ion
- Mega Man Creator Working on Xbox One Exclusive Recore
- Dark Souls 3 Kills Us All In 2016
- The Division Heading to Xbox One This December in Exclusive Beta
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Ascends This November
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Announced at Xbox Conference
- Free to Play Gigantic Gameplay Trailer