The first expansion for Darkest Dungeon, titled The Crimson Court, will launch this June.
Darkest Dungeon has had a few updates since it launched in January 2016. We saw the Radiant update in February of this year, and Steam Workshop support was added in April. But the one thing we haven’t heard more of was the game’s first expansion, The Crimson Court, which was announced back in October of last year. Today, that changed, as Red hook Studios announced that the expansion will launch in June.
For PC, Mac, and Linux players, the expansion will launch on June 19, 2017. There’s no date set for the PSN version of the game, as Red Hook is waiting to see what issues crop up in the PC build after launch. Once those are addressed, the PSN version will go live. The studio estimates it will be sometime in July.
The expansion will contain:
- A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
- A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
- A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
- A full faction of new deadly foes
- 4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
- Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
- Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
- Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes – with set bonuses!
The Crimson Court expansion launches June 19 for PC, Mac, and Linux, and will cost $9.99.