Even if you don’t buy the new Total War: Warhammer, you’ll be seeing some new content when it launches this week.
This week marks the launch of the Beastman DLC for Total War: Warhammer, which will bring the race of half-man, half-beast mutants to the game. But if you’re not picking up the DLC, you can still count on seeing some new content in the game this week.
Alongside the new DLC, Creative Assembly will release a free content update that will bring, among other things, the Amber Wizard hero to the game. The Amber Wizard is an Empire unit, but can use Lore of Beasts like the Beastmen do. It is also the only unit that has access to the new Amber Griffin mount.
Lore of Beasts allows the Amber Wizard (and the Beastmen, of course) to use spells, including these:
- Wyssan’s Wildform: This relatively low-cost spell buffs your allies for 14 seconds with 22% Weapon Damage and +15 Armor.
- Flock of Doom: This brings forth a swarm of crows to pick at the foe’s eyes. This painful experience causes direct damage to all targets in the area for 7 seconds, with a 30m range. It is great against groups of combatants.
- Pann’s Impenetrable Pelt: This offers a 22% Damage Resistance buff along with a 24% increase to speed for the allies you cast it on. It lasts for a decent 50 seconds, so is good for multiple charges or a sustained fight.
- The Amber Spear: This sounds a gnarled horn and releases a magic missile at the enemy, which causes armor piercing damage, is effective at all ranges and offers excellent penetration.
Here’s the new content coming free in Update 2:
- A new hero and mount
- An entirely new AI-controlled Race as opposition
- New multiplayer features
- New multiplayer and custom maps
- Unlockable Lord for MP/Custom battles
With the Beastmen faction being added to the game, the patch will also include a multiplayer rebalance, as well as numerous other updates, such as the ability to customize Lords and Heroes. There will also be four new multiplayer maps.
You can see all the info on Total War: Warhammer Update 2 on the Total War Wiki