Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be launching for PC and Mac on Oct. 27, as announced during Gamescom: Opening Night Live. Shadowlands is currently in beta and serves as the game’s eighth expansion since its release. The most noteworthy feature it will include is a totally new leveling system, referred to as “level squish.” This will lower your character’s level down to 50, with a modified cap of 60. And of course, players will now be able to visit the Shadowlands, which consists of various zones, dungeons, a new raid, and a roguelike dungeon to explore.
You can check out its release date trailer below.
The expansion’s story will follow the events after Sylvanas Windrunner defeats the Lich King, ultimately creating a portal that leads to the Shadowlands. To take part in the beta, you’ll need to visit the official website and select “Beta opt-in.” Blizzard is apparently letting players into the beta in waves, so you might need to wait a while before getting your invite via email. You’ll also be able to preorder World of Warcraft: Shadowlands from there as well, which comes in three different versions:
- Base Edition ($39.99)
- Heroic Edition ($59.99)
- Epic Edition ($79.99)
There’s additionally a physical Collector’s Edition available through various retailers for $119.99.
It includes the following:
- Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount: Set off on your next adventure on a supernatural being of pure anima.
- Anima Wyrmling pet: Explore the afterlife alongside your new companion.
- Vestments of the Eternal Traveler: Use your Everwyrm to begin a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler, an all-new transmog set.
- Wraithchill cosmetic weapon: Unlock a chilling new cosmetic effect for your weapon. As with other Illusions, Wraithchill can be applied only to certain weapon types.
- Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone: Return to your Hearthstone bind location with a reality-bending cosmetic effect.
- Shadowlands-Level Character Boost: Instantly boost a single character to be ready for Shadowlands-level content.