Violent Night is an action movie where Santa Claus (David Harbour) comes down a chimney in the middle of a heist and decides that he’s just had enough and it’s time to kill some people on the naughty list. It’s directed by Tommy Wirkola (Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters) and looks like it’s going to be just the right balance of camp and quality to hit the comedic sweet spot it’s aiming for. As hard to believe as Santa is? Just watch the Violent Night trailer.
Things that happen or are said in the Violent Night trailer listed without comment:
- “Time for some season’s beatings.”
- “Santa Claus is coming to town.” (but as a threat)
- A man gets stabbed in the face with a candy cane.
- Drunk Santa
- Bad guys are on a naughty list.
- Reindeer pooping
- John Leguizamo has an axe fight with Santa.
- A guy gets beaten to death with a stocking.
- David Harbour
The movie also stars Cam Gigandet, Alex Hassell, Alexis Louder, Edi Patterson, and Beverly D’Angelo. The screenplay is by Pat Casey and Josh Miller, who did Sonic the Hedgehog, so you know they’re good at turning movies that shouldn’t work into things that do. Violent Night will be in theaters on December 2, which is a shame because it’s the exact kind of move that would be fantastic to watch over streaming.