Yes, we’re hiring again. We’re looking for another web developer to join the Tech Team, current holders of the Nerf Thunderdome championship title and masters of ASCII-based voodoo.
Sorry internationalers, this is a full-time job at our office in Durham, NC. But if you have a friend or e-buddy that might be interested, please let them know. People familiar with our sites and what we do always get bonus points.
If you’re more into words than code, we’re also currently looking for a non-games editor.
The full text of our job posting below:
Themis Media, the company behind two-time Webby award-winning site The Escapist and The WarCry Network is seeking an experienced web developer with a passion for games and gaming to join our team. We’re looking for someone that is knowledgeable and flexible enough to jump in and make things happen. Come work in a small, young company with a casual atmosphere (pants required) where you will always have something interesting to work on, and interesting people to work with.
As a web developer at Themis, you’ll be jumping right into web development work in a LAMP environment on a variety of projects, including:
- Developing and implementing custom client websites.
- Maintaining and updating existing web properties.
- Designing and implementing new features in our custom CMS.
- Building and deploying community features on existing media properties.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of 1-5 years experience.
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to both work with a small team and handle solo projects.
- Good organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work hard in a high intensity environment.
In addition, ideal candidates will have one, many, or all of the following:
- Solid design skills and a grasp of current web UI trends.
- Familiarity with the Prototype and Script.aculo.us libraries.
- Experience and knowledge of current PC and console games.
- Experience with online games and online communities.
- Experience with current social networking platforms and APIs.
- Basic familiarity with image editing programs. (Photoshop, Paintshop, Corel, GIMP)
- Ability to debate differences between Kirk and Picard without resorting to violence.
Multi-talented individuals are highly valued here – if you have additional talents outside the programming arena (writing, soldering, origami, kung-fu, …) please mention them!
Compensation & Benefits
This position is for a full-time salaried employee at our office in Durham, NC – just outside RTP. Compensation ranges between $39,000-$59,000 depending on knowledge and experience, with a benefits package and perks including flexible hours and a casual atmosphere.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, including examples of previous work, to [email protected] referencing Web Developer in the subject.